Posts on www.icecreamandclara.co.uk contain affiliate links. For full disclosure, click HERE
Aphrodite is an ancient Greek goddess thought to inspire love, beauty, passion and enjoyment. Here are some Aphrodite inspired self love and self care pamper night ideas, with themes of rose all day, loving your body and of course, beautiful food!
Secret trick! Pop these gorgeous, yet affordable wax melts in your drawers to scent everything inside them! They are absolutely divine and the best thing I’ve ever purchased. You can get Lush’s The Comforter scented ones and their coveted Snow Fairy wax melts!
Adorn your space with beautiful art:
1. Self love girly pamper print 👈🏻 I love this adorable print, it’s so girly and cute
2. Aphrodite art print 👈🏻 perfect for creating a little Aprodite shrine within your own home and a subtle nod to what she represents
3. Self love body print 👈🏻 a really cute self love wall print that celebrates the body, a nod to self love and self appreciation within this gorgeous print!
4. Rose quartz art print 👈🏻 I adore this dreamy rose quartz wall print, it’s the most beautiful thing! Perfect for creating a little self love cave or space.
Celebrate everything chocolate:
5. The most gorgeous Espresso Martini chocolate slab 👈🏻 the perfect treat yourself gift! Since Aphrodite represents enjoyment and indulgence, these beautiful handmade chocolate slabs are the perfect way to channel her vibes, these look totally delicious and are super affordable too!
6. Rich chocolate room spray 👈🏻 the most perfect way to celebrate chocolate without eating it is filling your room with its rich and beautiful scent!
7. Cookie Dough whipped soap 👈🏻 dessert inspired bath and body products are the best for working in to your pamper routine! Confusing the senses in the nicest way, this is like dessert for your body.
8. Dreamy massage bars like this chocolate and vanilla body butter bar 👈🏻 perfect for rubbing over your skin after you take a bath or shower and doesn’t come with any unnecessary packaging either. I think this sounds incredible!
9. Chocolate scented wax melts 👈🏻 I thought I would throw in these amazing hot chocolate scented wax melts, they are incredible, another way to incorportate the scent of chocolate in to every day life! I love to pop wax melts in to drawers to make everything inside smell amazing, they make amazing drawer fresheners!
Adorn yourself with love symbols:
10. The cutest love potion drinking flask 👈🏻 how quirky and adorable is this drinking flask? It’s love potion inspired, the perfect Aphrodite inspired accessory!
11. Rose quartz necklace 👈🏻 Aphrodite is closely associated with rose quartz as they both share energies of love, happiness and fulfillment. Rose quartz is said to promote love, healing, a sense of calm and self confidence and is the perfect crystal to take with you to look after you. There are so many pretty rose quartz treasures on Etsy, the matching earrings are gorgeous too!
12. Love potion pin 👈🏻 this love potion pin is the most adorable thing I have seen, this would look amazing attached to your coat, bag or pencil case!
13. Heart symbols like these Aphrodite pearl heart drop earrings 👈🏻 they are so swoon worthy, I absolutely love these!
14. Rose quartz crystals 👈🏻 to inspire love and positivity wherever you go. You can find the best rose quartz tumblestones here, they are perfect for adding to your shelves or in a little pot to create a little self love shrine in any part of your home.
Pamper night essentials:
15. Love potion scented candle 👈🏻 richly scented with blueberry and papaya, this is a dreamy fruit cocktail waiting to explode in your room! Perfect to light while you embark on your pamper routine.
16. Rose water facial toner 👈🏻 a toner is an amazing product to use before your moisturiser, to provide your skin with some extra moisture before locking everything in.
17. Rose clay gentle exfoliating face polish 👈🏻 this gentle, dreamy and beautiful face mask will be perfect for pamper nights. This will be amazing for all skin types, especially oily, as the clay calms and cleanses the skin and absorbs excess oil.
18. Rose petal hydration mist 👈🏻 the perfect pamper night essential and rose being one of Aphrodites major symbols, I thought I would include quite a few rose infused products. Rose is known for being gentle and super kind to all skin types, an anti inflammatory, antioxidant ingredient in skincare, it smells incredible too.
19. An actual love potion 👈🏻 I thought I would also link to this amazing little real life love potion aura mist, containing rose and ylang ylang.
20. Pink bedding – adorn your bed with pink throws and sheets, plus extra pillows to create the illusion of grandeur, the perfect ones are these eco friendly pillows!
21. Elegant desserts – have a go at crafting some beautiful and iconic desserts, like macarons, madeleines or mille feuille vanilla slices to treat both your eyes and tastebuds.
22. Warming scents – like cinnamon, vetiver, ginger, with tonka too, evoke romantic emotions and encourage you to create connections and pursue your dreams.
I hope you like the treasures I found! Also filling the room with music that makes you move, that will really create an atmosphere of fun and enjoyment and spontaneity and make room for impulsive acts of self love, like making your pyjama drawer smell incredible, baking yummy vegan brownies or making a self love crystal bowl ♡
WHAT DO YOU DO AT A GIRLS NIGHT?
Fun girls night activities include girly quizzes, blindfolded food tasting, watching old movies or historical dramas, baking together and eating all the cookie dough, eating cosy snacks and playing with skincare products, there are so many ideas!
WHAT SHOULD I GET FOR A GIRLS NIGHT?
Organise a theme – for example, a Marie Antoinette themed pamper party! You might need silky throws, blankets and cushions, different flavours of rosé, some historical dramas to watch, arrange some perfumes or skincare products on a pretty tray, soft vanilla scented candles for a cosy ambience. A fun idea is to create a moodboard with all the pretty things you need and want to include, and thrift some bits and bobs for your theme to tie it together!
1. Quirky candles 101!
Now is the time to experiment with lots of quirky candles that will be sure to generate conversation and create a cosy, girly atmosphere… there are so many, from prosecco scented candles, to noodle scented candles and even Animal Crossing inspired candles!
2. Make a lovely little outdoor space
Maybe with some outdoor fairy lights, hot cocoa and blankets, even little candle lanterns! You could plant lots of roses, so it’s like a night time picnic in a rose garden, which will smell blissful in the summer, and have champagne on hand too. You could even make a campfire for the full experience. It’s a great opportunity to get together and tell stories and celebrate being together.
3. Set up cute decor and wall art
The mood and atmosphere in your home depend on the impression the room gives, or how it looks. Try hanging a stylish mirror to reflect the soft lighting, some cute bunting or trailing flower vines, some framed photographs, elegant wall art and incorporate a few cosy accents and finishing touches.
4. Adhere to a theme!
Girls night theme ideas include a Marie Antoinette theme, maybe with a light pastel dress code, a Disney theme, an Aphrodite theme, or even a fast food theme, or get super creative and base your theme on an inside joke you have between your friends! You could recreate a place or a memory by decking out the room, get super creative and use a variety of materials – you could even thrift some bits and bobs to accentuate the theme!
5. Think about the finishing touches
Accessories like ribbons, scrunchies, masquerade masks, tieing bows on things, bunches of fresh flowers, eye masks go beautifully with girly blankets, cushions and throws. Girly home accessories like ruffled bedding, stuffed animals, and silky throw pillows in assorted colours can accentuate the girly theme.
6. Girly quizzes
There are so many to try such as ‘which series character are you?’, ‘what is your signature perfume?’, there are so many girly quiz ideas to try.
7. Blindfolded food tasting
This is such a funny girls night activity idea that is bound to leave you in stitches! For this activity, try to work in unusual foods that no one in your circle has tried yet. They could be foods from a different culture that you wouldn’t normally find in your supermarket, candy or sweets from a different part of the world, or special foods pertaining to your theme.
8. Baking together and movies
This is a really cute and fun activity that means you can spend time together while eating cookie dough! There are a ton of quirky cookie cutters you can try, from Disney characters to cute vintage silhouettes.
9. Different kinds of rosé to try
From Cotes de Provence to Whispering Angel Rosé, with glasses on a pretty tray or platter.
10. Watching a historical drama
Or an old, classic movie
11. Rose facial sprays
Or a bowl of rosewater with floating petals, and some soft towels
12. Have jasmine tea on hand
Ideal for a ladies night event
13. Arrange perfumes or skincare products on a pretty tray
A rose clay face mask is perfect for this, you could also set out some pretty girly nail varnish shades. Keep some nail polish remover wipes nearby and some micellar water with some soft towels.
14. Eating croissants with hot cocoa
15. A planner meeting
Or making a scrapbook together, with lots of cute photos you printed, ribbon, cute washi tape, all the trimmings!
16. Try making Marie Antoinette’s signature face mask
According to records, her signature face mask consisted of four ingredients, two teaspoons of cognac, one egg white, one third of a cup of powdered milk and the juice of one lemon simply blended in to a paste. This is still used today, the citric and lactic acid dissolve dead skin cells, tighten pores, the cognac stimulates circulation and the egg repairs skin tissue. A powdered almond milk is a wonderful alternative to regular milk and you can even add a little vanilla essence.
17. Borrow a puppy for your girls night
Why not offer to pet sit a puppy for your girls night? They’ll be sure to get lots of fuss and attention and be the star attraction, while giving your pup’s owner some lovely rest. Be sure to follow any instructions the pup owner gives you! ♡