I thought I would make a how to look like a Disney princess guide, how to become a modern day princess and how to live like a princess in the times of social media and internet shopping. I wanted to go for natural looking pieces that would look quite homey, so they are great for everyday wear, things you can even combine with jeans for a relaxed spring outfit, modern vintage look. It is tricky to come across princess aesthetic pieces on the internet that aren’t too expensive but I do love a challenge! Here are my most affordable pieces…
Secret trick! Pop these gorgeous, yet affordable wax melts in your drawers to scent everything inside them! They are absolutely divine and the best thing I’ve ever purchased. You can get Lush’s The Comforter scented ones and their coveted Snow Fairy wax melts!
Things to wear:
1 and 2. ASOS Satin milkmaid corset blouse 👈🏻 this has to be the prettiest blouse of all time, this blouse is one of the primary sources of inspiration for this post haha, I think it exudes Disney princess vibes and would look amazing styled casually with some jeans, it will literally turn you in to some kind of modern fairytale creature.
3. LittleWomenAtelier dusty pink linen prairie dress 👈🏻 the sleeve details are absolutely beautiful, these gorgeous Little Women Victoriana inspired dresses are a little pricier than the other items in my guide, but they are genuine works of art and worth every penny. Ultimate princess gear, these exude princess vibes yet are totally wearable for every day and are the perfect way to dress up.
4. LittleWomenAtelier white linen dress 👈🏻 this dress designer is so talented, cleverly recreating the Victoriana silhouette in dresses that are perfect for every day wear, like modern day Gunne Sax dresses. The sleeves are just perfection!
5. ASOS corset blouse 👈🏻 I think these tops are gorgeous, I love the neckline and corset detail, the perfect fusion of modern and 18th century *swoon*
6. ASOS pointelle wrap sweater 👈🏻 this is so pretty, it’s like a ballet style wrap sweater that would go perfectly with so many outfits.
7. ASOS corset top 👈🏻 another corset style top that I love, the puffy sleeves are so cute too. It’s just so different and I love that little trends from centuries ago are making their way back in to modern fashion, I think everyone has that side to them where they are an absolute sucker for dresses with cute bodices and those sleeves.
8. ASOS pointelle stitch cardigan 👈🏻 the pointelle detail is beautiful and I love the cropped fit, how it comes in at the waist to create that dreamy silhouette.
Princess accessories, part one
9. Odette woven basket handbag 👈🏻 imagine using this to carry your shopping in! It’s the cutest thing and exudes storybook, fairytale vibes.
10. Stirling silver princess crown ring 👈🏻 the perfect crown ring, for when it’s not appropriate to wear one on your head! I absolutely love how miniature this is, all the little details are so intricate, it’s like a mini model of a real crown.
11. Once upon a time fairytale necklace 👈🏻 I had to add this necklace in, it just screams fairytale haha, how cute is the storybook design?
12. Rosebud hair band 👈🏻 the perfect fairytale esque hair accessory, it’s satin pink and adorned with mini rosebuds. This seller has such beautiful things in her Etsy shop!
Princess accessories, part two
13. Anna Frozen 2 snow princess necklace 👈🏻 this has to be the prettiest necklace of all time and Disney inspired too, which I love!
14. Princess cardigan tartan shawl 👈🏻 I think it’s really hard to know what coat to pair with a Victoriana style silhouette, here is the solution! Just pop this shawl around your shoulders and wear it as a little off shoulder look. It’s so pretty and totally inexpensive, especially compared to what you might end up paying for something similar as part of a cosplay outfit or costume, it’s super cosy, warm and dreamy.
15. Glossy satin hair bow barette in beige 👈🏻 these bow barettes are just beautiful, they are so voluptuous too which I love, I think when you tie a ribbon straight in your hair it’s so hard to tell if it looks neat or is secure and you have to try and tie it in reverse at the back of your hair. These are the answer as you can just pin in and voila, Ariel vibes!
16. Glossy satin hair bow barette in white 👈🏻 again, so pretty! I couldn’t decide at all between the white and beige so threw both in for good measure, they are both gorgeous.
Princess accessories, part three
17. Elven style gemstone crown 👈🏻 this crown is so gorgeous and it’s only £13, such a steal when you think of how much work has gone in to it, plus you can choose from amethyst, moonstone, labradorite or more for the gemstone in the centre, stunning!
18. Dainty sterling silver bow ring 👈🏻 tying a bow on your finger used to be a way of reminding yourself of something you had to remember! This ring is giving me fairytale vibes.
19. Snow White-esque dainty bird necklace 👈🏻 this stirling silver necklace is so pretty and fairytale esque, it reminds me of Disney’s Snow White.
20. Enjoy a pink pure silk sleep mask 👈🏻 the perfect princessy bedtime essential
Princess homewares and home comforts
21. Princess Cinderella castle print 👈🏻 the most gorgeous fairytale wall art print for your walls, frame it to create a dreamy atmosphere in your room.
22. Darling Little Women art print 👈🏻 I absolutely love this Little Women print, it’s so pretty and perfect to frame in your room!
23. Alice in Wonderland cushion 👈🏻 such a darling cushion, how cute is this design?
24. Louisa May Alcott inspired tea 👈🏻 this looks and sounds amazing, I’m so excited to try this and incorporate it in to a little relaxing ritual, the tin is so pretty too!
What did you think of my picks? I am a million years late to visit back but I can’t wait to catch up on some blogs later. I will be sure to check out your blog if you pop the address below! If you liked this post do check out my Aphrodite self care ideas and ultimate Disney pamper night, I hope you enjoy! ♡
Posts on www.icecreamandclara.co.uk contain affiliate links. For full disclosure, click HERE