I’ve been wanting to write this post for a while… here is how to feel elegant in modern times and how to look elegant everywhere you go! Inspired by social media and the community of old souls I find online. Here is how to make your month all about macarons, drinking hot chocolate, fancy curls and exuding film star vibes…
1. Wear a romantic hair comb – or dainty barette, or ribbon in your hair.
2. Wear lovely gloves when you go out – wear them with your formal outfits and your cold weather outfits for extra glamour.
3. Purchase a paddle brush – to softly brush and tame curls and create glossy ravines without it going frizzy, a perfect one is here!
4. Frame some decadent and dreamy Parisian inspired prints – I love to match them to create a cohesive theme and to make them look like they came in a set. The sparkly Eiffel tower print is gorgeous, it looks like it’s casting sparkles over the city.
5. Wear secret charms and symbols – be discreet and mysterious and wear things that bear secret symbols to you, there’s just that wonderful, snug sense of intimacy about wearing things that bear special meaning to you, like a secret only you know.
6. Make fashionable hot cocoa – try dreamy expensive brands like Hotel Chocolat, Charbonnel et Walker, all affordable on Amazon. I will link a few favourites! Try adding cream and chocolate curls on top to make the coolest hot cocoa ever.
7. Read Laduree and Megan Hess books – you can never not feel elegant reading these pieces of art, they are such beautiful keepsakes. There’s so much to learn, from the art of taking tea, to exploring Paris, they are highly collectable items to adore.
8. Send thank you notes and cards – just tie with silky black ribbon.
9. Wear pretty matching lingerie – or the comfiest option, a silky robe.
10. Simplify your surroundings – keep everything neat and tidy, try using stylish hat boxes to store your things and keep your treasures in special keepsake boxes.
11. Take smaller mouthfuls and relish every bite – this will make your meals seem bigger and even more satisfying, even small meals or snacks.
12. Wear a round or bardot neckline – to cleverly elongate the neck and feel like a vintage movie star.
13. Try your hand at lovely past times – carry yourself with patience and slowly, slowly become an expert in different fields, like Madame de Pompadour, seasoned gardener, expert in the decorative arts, singer, actress and artist. Even if you have such little time to spare and definitely don’t have her days to spend in and around the castle, lend just 10 minutes to growing some lovely fruits, vegetables or practising a braid. Try out different things and be curious, always meaning to fail and learn ensures you will always have something incredible and fascinating to discuss.
14. Practise being brave, kind and compassionate – be courageous in the pursuit of helping others. To be ethereal is to be soft, carry yourself with care and love, the epitome of elegance. Don’t be afraid or intimidated, take refuge in your kindness, be good hearted and the heroine in your own story ♡
Posts on www.icecreamandclara.co.uk often contain affiliate links. For full disclosure, click HERE