Here are some self-care Sunday routine ideas, a Sunday happiness checklist, ideas for your weekend routine! It is often a rarity that we put ourselves first these days and take time to rest. If you manage to do any of these, give yourself a pat on the back!
What do you do on a Sunday morning?
1. Give your fridge some loving
All nicely filled and prepared all ready for the week. Taking charge of your food is so much fun, fill the fridge with lots of healthy produce and wash and prepare things that need it. Filling the larder is a centuries old pastime where everything had to be prepared, stocked and stored for days and seasons ahead and it’s such a therapeutic and busy activity. Connecting with your food as much as possible makes it extra satisfying.
2. Create a little altar with all the things that make you feel powerful
And take time tending, adding to it, curating it.
3. Have fun organizing
Schedule in small things that mean a lot, like a visit to your favourite coffee shop or scheduling in eating a big tub of marshmallow fluff!
4. Smile on eight occasions throughout the day
Even force it if you need to, it is more powerful than you think – smiling more is a great exercise to practise wherever you are!
5. Make some Jasmine tea
6. Make rose and vanilla macarons
7. Matchy matchy
Accord your socks with your underwear, match your pyjamas or even your outfit to feel cute and tie your whole look together! I like having a ton of cute socks that all look the same, so they all match together… instead of a pair it is more like an extensive sock family haha!
8. Make a little savings jar for silk pillowcases
And romanticise simple restful activities. Craft a weighted blanket yourself to make it easier to sleep better. There are no limits to what you can create, creating a spa atmosphere by freshly painting your walls (add vanilla essence to the paint!), a clean, new, dreamy scent and creating some soft lighting or recreating the feel of a cave or forest with scent and even sound and lighting. Have fun creating the most relaxing space you can imagine in order to feel more restful and make it easier to get enough sleep.
9. Listen to Tchaikovsky
10. Wear a luxurious body cream
11. Wear your favourite lingerie or matching underwear
12. Make the underneath of your bed clean, tidy and fresh
13. Nourish your hair with masks and oils, detangle it and pop it in rollers
14. Create a miniature zen garden in your home
Find or thrift a shallow plant pot or similar, you can decorate it how you like and simply add some sand you can rake in pretty patterns, it makes a beautiful ornament and is so therapeutic styling it. You could even add some miniature plants or gemstones.
15. Change out the pictures in your frames
For a fresh look
16. Do something you used to love as a child
17. Light a soft vanilla candle
18. Eat something with honey
19. Set a baking challenge
20. Plan your birthday celebrations
21. Stroke a pet
It can be yours or maybe offer to puppy sit for a new dog owner! Or offer to puppy sit them overnight for a pet sleepover!
22. Hold a puppy party
Or playdate, invite your friends round with their dogs, to socialise and have fun together
23. Write down things you have tried
That made you feel pretty, more confident or maybe less insecure recently
24. Dress something in your house up funny
Put googly eyes or glasses on an inanimate object for the fun of it, to thrill your visitors, possibly become Miranda Hart and to feel like you’re in Beauty and the Beast!
25. Hold a contest with your loved ones
26. Prepare some rainy day outfits
For the week ahead, so you’ll get excited whenever it rains!
27. Wear cosy socks up to your thighs
And do that spin around the kitchen dance in them
28. Arrange a pretty window display
29. Go and stargaze
Go outside and look at the stars for as long as you like
30. Plant some new seeds to look after
31. Restore your skin barrier
With an easy kind to skin moisturizer. One of the best ways to take care of, and nourish, our skin is to repair its outer barrier, which will protect it from harsh elements and drying out. It is one of the most important skincare routine components for every skin type, especially oily as the skin can overcompensate and produce more oil in response to a damaged skin barrier. You can find out more here about what you can use to reduce excess shine and keep oil at bay.
32. Try three new hairstyles
33. Iron, debobble and mend your clothes
Show them lots of love
34. Plan out some bee garden or veggie garden ideas
Or miniature garden ideas in some little trays. Practising growing things on a smaller scale means you will learn so much. Spreading the joy of plants is so much fun!
35. Play tennis in an adorable outfit
36. Role play as a different character
Even in the smallest way – from Marie Antoinette to Madame De Pompadour, there are endless stories and glamorous characters from history to play as and imitate!
37. Eat chocolate in a beautiful way
Make eating chocolate intentional and explore different kinds, different treats and ways to indulge in a fully conscious and present state, where all you can think about is the dessert you are eating.
38. Go for a speedwalk in some adorable sneakers
Wearing cute gym gear or sneakers is a whole reward in itself.
How do you spend Sundays?
Pampering and nourishing the things around us, our own little spaces and giving to those around us and our surroundings, looking after, curating, caring for and furnishing as giving and tending to is one of surest ways to happiness, if only for a brief moment. It’s also a lovely idea to create a special ritual that you look forward to all week!
Check these off as you try each one!
Posts on www.icecreamandclara.co.uk often contain affiliate links. For full disclosure, click HERE