What do you do at a girls night?
Fun girls night activities include girly quizzes, blindfolded food tasting, watching old movies or historical dramas, baking together and eating all the cookie dough, eating cosy snacks and playing with skincare products, there are so many ideas!
What should I get for a girls night?
Organise a theme – for example, a Marie Antoinette themed pamper party! You might need silky throws, blankets and cushions, different flavours of rosé, some historical dramas to watch, arrange some perfumes or skincare products on a pretty tray, soft vanilla scented candles for a cosy ambience. A fun idea is to create a moodboard with all the pretty things you need and want to include, and thrift some bits and bobs for your theme to tie it together!
1. Quirky candles 101! Now is the time to experiment with lots of quirky candles that will be sure to generate conversation and create a cosy, girly atmosphere… there are so many, from prosecco scented candles, to noodle scented candles and even Animal Crossing inspired candles!
fun things to do with your girlfriends
2. Make a lovely little outdoor space – maybe with some outdoor fairy lights, hot cocoa and blankets, even little candle lanterns! You could plant lots of roses, so it’s like a night time picnic in a rose garden, which will smell blissful in the summer, and have champagne on hand too. You could even make a campfire for the full experience. It’s a great opportunity to get together and tell stories and celebrate being together.
Create a rock garden or replant tiny pink plants like rose thrift and dianthus. You can go for a girly feel by including small toy fairies and stones to your garden. You could include a miniature house with pixie furniture and a little water highlight for your fairies to dip their toes into. There are resources online you can check for more creative landscape architecture for your garden.
girls night in game activities
3. Set up cute decor and wall art – The mood and atmosphere in your home depend on the impression the room gives, or how it looks. Try hanging a stylish mirror to reflect the soft lighting, some cute bunting or trailing flower vines, some framed photographs, elegant wall art and incorporate a few cosy accents and finishing touches.
girls night in game
4. Adhere to a theme! Girls night theme ideas include a Marie Antoinette theme, maybe with a light pastel dress code, a Disney theme, an Aphrodite theme, or even a fast food theme, or get super creative and base your theme on an inside joke you have between your friends! You could recreate a place or a memory by decking out the room, get super creative and use a variety of materials – you could even thrift some bits and bobs to accentuate the theme!
girls night in ideas
5. Think about the finishing touches – accessories like ribbons, scrunchies, masquerade masks, tieing bows on things, bunches of fresh flowers, eye masks go beautifully with girly blankets, cushions and throws. Girly home accessories like ruffled bedding, stuffed animals, and silky throw pillows in assorted colours can accentuate the girly theme.
girly pamper routine ideas
6. Girly quizzes – there are so many to try such as ‘which series character are you?’, ‘what is your signature perfume?’, there are so many girly quiz ideas to try.
girls night in party ideas
7. Blindfolded food tasting – this is such a funny girls night activity idea that is bound to leave you in stitches! For this activity, try to work in unusual foods that no one in your circle has tried yet. They could be foods from a different culture that you wouldn’t normally find in your supermarket, candy or sweets from a different part of the world, or special foods pertaining to your theme.
ladies night ideas themes
8. Baking together and movies – this is a really cute and fun activity that means you can spend time together while eating cookie dough! There are a ton of quirky cookie cutters you can try, from Disney characters to cute vintage silhouettes.
ladies get together ideas
9. Different kinds of rosé to try – from Cotes de Provence to Whispering Angel Rosé, with glasses on a pretty tray or platter.
girls night in ideas
10. Watching a historical drama – or an old, classic movie
moms night in ideas
11. Rose facial sprays – or a bowl of rosewater with floating petals, and some soft towels
girls night out ideas
12. Have jasmine tea on hand
ideas for a ladies night event
13. Arrange perfumes or skincare products on a pretty tray – a rose clay face mask is perfect for this, you could also set out some pretty girly nail varnish shades. Keep some nail polish remover wipes nearby and some micellar water with some soft towels.
girls night in ideas
14. Eating croissants with hot cocoa
girls night decorations
15. A planner meeting – or making a scrapbook together, with lots of cute photos you printed, ribbon, cute washi tape, all the trimmings!
girly things to do when bored at night
16. Try making Marie Antoinette’s signature face mask – According to records, her signature face mask consisted of four ingredients, two teaspoons of cognac, one egg white, one third of a cup of powdered milk and the juice of one lemon simply blended in to a paste. This is still used today, the citric and lactic acid dissolve dead skin cells, tighten pores, the cognac stimulates circulation and the egg repairs skin tissue. A powdered almond milk is a wonderful alternative to regular milk and you can even add a little vanilla essence.
girly things to do at a sleepover
17. Borrow a puppy for your girls night – why not offer to pet sit a puppy for your girls night? They’ll be sure to get lots of fuss and attention and be the star attraction, while giving your pup’s owner some lovely rest. Be sure to follow any instructions the pup owner gives you! ♡