The best dorm room ideas for girls – these are perfect for your first apartment, flat share or first time moving away from home. One of the best parts of moving in somewhere new is the opportunity to decorate your space and this list of dorm room ideas for girls will help you do just that. Here are some college girl room ideas you will love!
As the owner of a small room myself, I’m obsessed with dorm rooms and dorm decor for cute small rooms and have probably spent hours on Pinterest in the search for cute and cosy dorm inspiration and girly dorm decor ideas to recreate in my own room. I decided to group together all the cutest ideas I could find and put them in one place – create one bumper massive guide of cute dorm decor for a pretty dorm room.
How can I decorate my dorm room for cheap? There are so many cute dorm room decor ideas here that will get your head spinning. Girly or boho – or a shabby chic themed dorm room? White bedding or patterned bedding? So many ideas that are low cost too! This post shows you 31 best dorm room ideas for girls that everyone will love!
1. Put a wall decal over your bed – it’s a great way to personalise your dorm room in a unique way, you could choose your favourite quote or saying, or a cute design, there are so many options.
2. Opt for a bunk bed set up – to create a desk area or sitting area underneath, if you can set this up it will allot you lots of extra room, for anything you fancy – even a clothes rail! There are so many dorm bed ideas out there with all kinds of different setups and headboards!
3. Hang a wall tapestry – such a pretty dorm room decor idea! You can use this to create a boho theme dorm room or add some cool and relaxed VSCO vibes to your dorm room theme. One of the cutest dorm room ideas for girls!
4. A cosy rug – you can opt for a cosy small rug, or huge rug that becomes like a lush carpet in your dorm room! There are so many kinds to choose from, just make sure it will be easy to clean and keep tidy and maintain.
5. Hang fairy lights around your dorm – you might see these often when you are searching for college dorm room inspiration on Pinterest. There’s so many different kinds to choose from, from pom pom fairy lights, to paper lantern lights, they will create a cosy, magical atmosphere and totally transform the room! It’s such a fun way to decorate your dorm room for cheap. You could wind them around your bed frame or create a whole wall of fairy lights.
6. Create and hang a photo board – this is such a cute, personal item to add to your dorm room. It can encapsulate your favourite moments and memories and the perfect piece for your dorm room – it’s a way of keeping your favourite people close by.
7. Add blackout curtains – so cosy and comforting, especially in the summer time when you need to catch an early night, or catch a nap in the day time after pulling an all nighter! Here in the UK the sun only sets about 10pm at night in the summer, which makes it hard to want to settle down and get ready for bed in the evenings.
8. Set up curtains for your below bunk bed space – it will make it look even cuter and create a secluded, soothing place to hang out.
9. Have matching bedding – this is great if you are sharing and makes the dorm room look all cohesive and put together! Even if you have your own room, having your bedding all matching is an amazing idea as everything will match all the time, even if parts of one bedding set are in the wash. You will never have to worry about keeping one bedding set together!
10. Hang paper lanterns – these make such cute dorm decorations and add a bit of girly boho flair to your space – perfect for if you are going for a girly dorm room theme or a boho dorm room theme and are looking for ideas.
11. Make a gallery wall – a beautiful way to redecorate your dorm room and customise your dorm without using paint, you can use a gallery wall to make a beautiful statement.
12. Secret trick! Pop these gorgeous, yet affordable wax melts in your drawers to scent everything inside them! They are absolutely divine and the best thing I’ve ever purchased. You can get Lush’s The Comforter scented ones and their coveted Snow Fairy wax melts!
13. Frame shopping bags as wall decor – this is a genius idea if you’re looking for no budget or low budget ways to decorate your dorm, simply collect those cute and chic shopping bags that accord with your dorm room theme, carefully press and fold them and keep them in frames to decorate your girly space, they make such cute dorm wall decorations!
14. Hang your prettiest outfit as decor – adorn an empty wall with your cutest celebration or party dress, or super cute lacy number. It’s a great little way to express your personality and to fill a bare wall at the same time. It’s an amazing way to make your dorm room look cute without paint needed.
15. Frame sections of wallpaper – you can get free samples of wallpaper at home and DIY stores, the only cost is the frame, and there are so many designs and patterns to choose from to make your dorm room look cute! It’s one of the most fun ways to decorate your dorm room for cheap.
16. Put a blanket at the end of your bed – a lighter blanket you can use in summer that you can layer on top of your bed in winter, this is such a great dorm room essential.
17. Cute storage baskets – functional and look so chic at the same time, they can house all kinds of bits and pieces and make your dorm room look super tidy, clean and modern.
18. Matching lamps, get a two pack – introduce a little symmetry to your room, like matching lamps on either side of your bed, or one for each of you if you have a dorm mate.
19. Create and frame a moodboard – of your favourite quotes, so much cheaper than those from Desenio and cuter and more personalised too! Put together a moodboard of all your favourite things and frame it on your wall.
20. Use your shoes, bags and accessories as dorm decor – on shelves, put your cutest items on display! This is a great free and no cost way to decorate your dorm.
21. Experiment with scent – use a room spray or linen spray to make your dorm room look, feel and smell girly. You can make your bedsheets smell delicious!
22. Matching hangers – they are an excellent way to make a space look expensive, cohesive and put together. Matching hangers are such a great way to make your dorm room look put together, tidy and organised.
23. A cute wall clock or alarm clock for your dorm room – this allows you to easily keep track of time and make your dorm room look cute at the same time! An alarm clock can be such a cute shabby chic touch and means you don’t have to rely solely on the alarm on your phone for waking up on time.
24. Cables organiser/organizer – don’t forget this amazing essential that can keep your space looking super clean, tidy and decluttered.
25. Switch up the drawer knobs – this is a cute and low cost way to makeover your dorm room! Just switch up the knobs on your furniture with some cute ones, you can get crystal drawer knobs, painted ones, or shabby chic drawer knobs, one of the best ways to make your dorm room look cute on a budget!
26. Consider pushing your bed near the window – you can make a little reading nook or window seat at the bottom of your bed! Not to mention you can lean back and look at the stars and clouds at night, so dreamy.
27. Create a little mail box or post box – for people passing by your room to pop notices and letters and notes in. This is such a cute, nostalgic idea with all of our communications being brought online nowadays. You could alternatively set one up at your desk to pop all your important notes and ponderings in.
28. A hot water bottle for your dorm room – you can get incredibly cute, super fluffy ones that can become part of your dorm room decor! They are so calming and underrated in winter time!
29. Socks and underwear organizers – perfect for keeping all your socks and underwear tidy and organized and looking cute, Marie Kondo style! One of the best dorm room organization tips I have found.
30. A mirror for your dorm room – the full length wall mirror is perfect for this, it is so affordable and takes up the least amount of space if you can fix it to your wall.
31. The odd pretty mug! The cutest shabby chic decor touch for your dorm room, you can store bits and pieces like bobbles inside them or even put some pretty, stripey straws inside. One of the cutest dorm room ideas for girls!
Posts on www.icecreamandclara.co.uk contain affiliate links. For full disclosure, click HERE