Here are some glow up checklist ideas, how to glow up over the summer for school, work or for fun! There were so many pieces I wanted to include.
It’s ended up being a long one haha. There is endless fun in creating a summer glow up routine – working on yourself and nourishing your body throughout the summer to feel extra pretty and powerful.
PS remember to wear an SPF when going outside. Here’s how to glow up for summer!
Secret trick! Pop these gorgeous, yet affordable wax melts in your drawers to scent everything inside them! They are absolutely divine and the best thing I’ve ever purchased. You can get Lush’s The Comforter scented ones and their coveted Snow Fairy wax melts!
Drink lots of water, in a pretty water bottle
1. Personalised water bottle 👈🏻 I love these personalised water bottles, they are so pretty. They get you so much more motivated to drink more water and keep track of how much you are having throughout the day.
2. Crystal infused water bottle 👈🏻 I think these are amazing, this one is filled with rose quartz crystals, they are sure to make you want to drink more, plus they are so pretty.
3. Eco friendly bamboo water bottle 👈🏻 this eco friendly water bottle can be personalised too! It’s so sleek and unique.
4. Bamboo and glass eco friendly water bottle 👈🏻 made from recyclable and eco friendly materials and super cute too!
The best glow up skincare hacks!
5. Blushberry rose clay cleansing balm 👈🏻 this wonderful rose clay cleansing balm is perfect for keeping your skin happy and soothed, which is the ultimate key to clear skin and getting glass skin. This is the perfect product to use to cleanse your skin as it is so gentle and skin and cleans out the pores so thoroughly!
6. African black soap and honey gentle cleanser 👈🏻 the easy way to follow those glow up routines of the internet! African black soap is regarded as a holy grail substance and the essential ingredient for glowy, glass skin and you can reap the benefits of it with this clever cleanser, uber gentle and sure to clear any breakouts!
7. The Ordinary ‘Buffet’ serum 👈🏻 contains a huge amount of skin boosting ingredients, I love it so much! It contains a base of 11 skin friendly amino acids and multiple hyaluronic acid complexes. It really makes a difference to your skin and is an amazing exfoliant for sensitive skin types at the same time.
8. Natural super soft amazing konjac sponge 👈🏻 this is the sponge of dreams! I really recommend this as it is baby soft and made entirely from natural materials, from natural konjac root. It is an amazing tool to work in to your skincare routine.
9. Exfoliating and cleansing AHA facial toner 👈🏻 another amazing product to gently exfoliate the skin and get it glowing! After cleansing the skin we can go in with this amazing toner, which contains a natural form of salicyclic acid from willow bark to gently exfoliate the skin and slough off dead skin cells, to reveal the new, fresh baby skin underneath, which gives the skin a natural glow.
10. Rose quartz moisturiser 👈🏻 such a dreamy moisturiser, this is a little similar to Clinique’s moisture surge, it’s so lovely to use, it leaves you with actual dream skin and is perfect for sealing in all those amazing ingredients.
11. Kate Somerville Eradikate spot treatment 👈🏻 the best overnight spot treatment I have ever tried. Pop it over any spots and in the morning they are so much reduced and hardly visible. I absolutely love it!
12. Benefit boi-ing cakeless concealer 👈🏻 this is the best concealer I have tried, it provides full coverage and is perfect for ‘spot treating’ covering up little imperfections as it offers excellent coverage but looks totally natural!
Experiment with a body oil
13. Feng Shui Love body oil 👈🏻 now is the time to experiment with all different kinds of body oils and scents to deeply hydrate your skin, make it silky soft and feel like a Goddess. This one is infused with healing and pampering rosehip and orange blossom.
14. Silky rose body oil 👈🏻 this is a dream, formulated with macadamia, almond and camellia oils, with Vitamin E, rich in vitamins and omegas to feed the skin from the outside.
15. Natural marula oil 👈🏻 is an anti aging wonder oil from South Africa, containing nutrient rich omegas, vitamins and anti oxidants which help stimulate collagen production. It’s extremely hydrating and nutrient rich and leaves your skin super silky and glowing.
16. Dreamy body oil floral infusion 👈🏻 soothe your body in ingredients such as hydrangeas, ballerina roses, forget me nots and sweet almond oil.
Adorn yourself with gemstones
17. Birthstone and bar personalised bracelet 👈🏻 this is such a gorgeous piece and you can order it personalised with your name and birthstone. This would make a wonderful gift, it’s so so beautiful and the perfect way to carry your gemstone around with you.
18. Minimalist birthstone ring 👈🏻 these dainty birthstone rings are adorable and so pretty, containing your birthstone inside. They’re also lovely and affordable, but look much more expensive!
19. Full moon moonstone necklace 👈🏻 this is so beautiful, moonstone is a stone of feminine energies, intuition and said to inspire psychic abilities. It’s such a gorgeous piece!
20. Rose quartz cell phone grip 👈🏻 this is the coolest way to take your gemstone around with you, there are so many different gemstone varieties to choose from too!
Enjoy ultra nourishing lip products
21. Bubblegum lip scrub 👈🏻 a lip scrub to rival Lush’s! It contains yummy, natural ingredients too.
22. Super nourishing rosehip lip oil 👈🏻 a super nourishing lip oil has been on my wishlist for a while, this one looks so nice! I really want to try.
23. Lanolips ultimate balm 👈🏻 they come in so many different flavours too, there’s banana, apple, rhubarb… so many yummy flavours that motivate you to take care of your lips, plus you can use this balm pretty much anywhere, it’s so conditioning, hydrating and soothing.
24. Lanolips tinted balm 👈🏻 I love this tinted variety, it gives you the perfect ‘my lips but better’ hue and smoothes out any lines or cracks. It really makes your lips look fuller!
Decorate your home with your zodiac crystal (or ones you love)
25. Rose quartz turtles 👈🏻 Use these to make a little cave of self love, dedicated to yourself. Create a little self spa – or self shrine with these beautiful turtles. Don’t worry if you find yourself drawn to gemstones other than your birthstone, it’s said that crystals choose you! Go for the ones you are drawn to and you can’t go wrong.
26. Rare celestite tumbled crystals 👈🏻 bring calming, peaceful energies, they easily create a spa atmosphere. They also help to balance emotions, as well as being the prettiest violet hue.
27. Rose quartz crystal candle holder 👈🏻 the perfect girly addition to your space, to hold your candles and bring you some peaceful, calming and loving energies.
28. Rose quartz gemstone coasters 👈🏻 I think these are gorgeous, imagine adorning your space with these!
Ways to feel put together
29. No spend tracker 👈🏻 this is so useful and amazing for plotting your purchases and helping you save. Just stick or pop in your personal organiser, planner or journal to feel super put together! There are so many of these helpful logs, like a weight tracker, grocery list, even a pet planner!
30. Dream big planner/notebook 👈🏻 this is such a gorgeous notebook! It’s white with gold foil and will look absolutely stunning on your desk, in your bag or anywhere!
31. Adorable animal stickers for your planner 👈🏻 you absolutely need these!! They are perfect for decorating your journal or planner and making it extra pretty to motivate you to keep everything in order. They are even cuter in person!
32. Colour changing nail polish 👈🏻 I think this is the coolest thing, ever! This nail polish changes according to heat, which is absolutely amazing, and this lilac changing to pink hue is just gorgeous. I’ve never heard of this before but it’s genius! Imagine how satisfying when you go to wash your hands and they change colour!
33. Eat more veggies and fruits – practise feeding your body from the inside.
34. Wash your hair less and pop dry shampoo on your roots – it means the ends of your hair receive more nourishment, as the oils have the chance to spread to the lengths and ends. Washing too often can strip the oils away and mean the ends are much more vulnerable to damage.
My favourite dry shampoo of all time is the Schwarzkopf got2be dry shampoo, it’s so affordable, leaves no residue and makes your hair look perfect!
35. Strength training and resistance training – instead of thinking of losing weight, we can aim to become stronger and more powerful, whatever our age or size! When we are active in this way, we will naturally lose weight but reap the benefits of improving our strength and endurance, becoming truly powerful.
36. Take the Absolute Goddess Handbook 👈🏻 it’s an incredible transformational challenge in an online course, it’s the perfect glow up! It is a glow up essential. It’s filled with insane, real, actionable tips that you have never heard before that completely changes your whole vibe!
How do you force a glow up?
Instead of pursuing a glow up from a place of frustration, we can see it as a chance to experiment and try out a ton of fun things we always wanted to try. We can create a glow up checklist, filled with tons of fun ideas – adding to it is so therapeutic – and check each one of as we try each one. They can range from ideas such as ‘try a tinted body moisturiser’ – or make one yourself! – or practise yoga, to take a homemade healthy muffin with me everyday.
How can I look pretty in summer?
The first step is to spend time practising nourishing your body; it is an art you can practise that you can refine over time. Practise exfoliating your body to reveal the new, baby soft, glowing skin underneath. Try out using a high concealer coverage in small areas of the face, like popping plasters on, and going foundation free or with a BB cream only. Experiment with beauty treatments that make you feel powerful and experiment with new hairstyles, revealing new sections of the face, that feel scary at first but mean you can liberate and show off your beautiful face, all different angles of it.
I hope you liked these glow up over summer tips! Let me know your favourites – what are you up to this summer? ♡
Posts on www.icecreamandclara.co.uk contain affiliate links. For full disclosure, click HERE