I thought I would put together a little skincare guide geared especially at sensitive and problem prone skin (any other skin types are welcome to join too!) so now we can get that ‘glowed up’ internet skin too!
Here is how to give your skin the ultimate glow up – how to get clear skin and watch it improve everyday.
Tip! these tips will get you halfway to glass skin but you will find the killer finishing steps inside the Absolute Goddess Handbook. they give you the most incredible glass skin, guaranteed!
Quick note that spots are a natural phenomenon – everyone who is human gets them, from mild to extreme severity, sometimes it seems like our skin has a mind of its own, right? Our skin can range from being somewhat reactive to incredibly reactive. Based on this knowledge, the best thing we can do for our skin is to make it happy and keep it calm, soothed and protected first of all.
These are some actual fairytale skincare products, absolute gems, that will give you satin-like skin that is clear, soft and glowing. They are all from small shops and sellers too, here’s all you need to get prettier skin, while supporting a small business, every day!
Use an extremely calming cleanser – pick any of these
1. Blushberry rose clay cleansing balm 👈🏻 calm skin is happy skin, it’s all about keeping to products that your skin agrees with, as introducing unfamiliar substances to the skin is more likely to result in irritation or reactions like breakouts.
When skin is unhappy with a particular substance it can go in to oil production overdrive, which throws its natural balance completely out of whack! The key is to go as natural as possible for the best results, like this wonderful rose clay cleansing balm.
2. African black soap and honey gentle cleanser 👈🏻 the easy way to follow those glow up skin routines of the internet! African black soap is regarded as a holy grail substance and the essential ingredient for glowy, glass skin and you can reap the benefits of it with this clever cleanser, uber gentle and sure to clear any breakouts!
3. Clay and Oats gentle facial cleanser 👈🏻 for gorgeous skin it’s often all about how simple you can get with your products and this dreamy clay and oats facial cleanser is absolutely perfect.
4. Rose clay gentle exfoliating face polish 👈🏻 I think the Blushberry products are absolutely gorgeous, this face polish offers gentle exfoliation for the face, while keeping the skin super happy! Rose has anti-inflammatory properties and clay is super gentle on acne prone and sensitive skin, it helps to balance out facial oil production.
Let’s gently hydrate and tone
5. Exfoliating and cleansing AHA facial toner 👈🏻 this is where the glowing happens! After cleansing away debris from the skin’s surface, we can go in with this, which contains a natural form of salicyclic acid from willow bark to gently exfoliate the skin and slough off dead skin cells, to reveal the new fresh baby skin underneath, which gives the skin a natural glow.
6. Moonbeam drops 👈🏻 these magical drops nourish the skin with goodness and are made up of lightweight nourishing oils like apricot kernel oil, jojoba oil and rosehip seed oil to provide your skin with hydration, these are perfect for skin on the drier side!
7. Organic rose water toner 👈🏻 the perfect way to infuse moisture, this is both calming and hydrating for princessy skin. This will be amazing for you if your skin reacts to everything, it’s the most calming product for your skin, to bless it with that essential hydration. Lock in the goodness with a simple moisturizer afterwards!
8. Blush hyaluronic face serum 👈🏻 this is perfect to give you a smooth, dewy complexion for actual princess skin, plus it smells like rose and lavender too! The Diamond Glow brightening toner is lovely to brighten your complexion, with willow bark extract to promote cell turnover and beautifully soothe skin, while diamond powder particles beautifully refract light that makes the skin look satin-like.
Lock in that goodness with a kind to skin moisturizer
9. Conscious skincare calming moisturizer for problem skin 👈🏻 Moisturizing is the essential step! This is to lock in hydration, as without it the skin is vulnerable to becoming chapped, damaged and inflamed. For problem skin it’s super important to replace the moisture barrier as if our skin gets too dry it immediately responds by putting oil production in to overdrive! This lightweight, simple moisturizer is designed to care for problem skin and lock in the hydration the skin needs.
10. Purechimp natural face cream 👈🏻 Purechimp has so many wonderful, simple products that your skin will just drink up! This is one of the most simple and nourishing moisturizers you could ever find, containing shea butter, vitamin E oil, hemp oil, banana extract. It smells like banana and is very high in vitamin E! This is amazing to restore that essential barrier and ‘feed’ your skin at the same time.
11. Moonbeam cream 👈🏻 this magical moistuizer contains beeswax, rosewater, aloe vera, sesame seed oil and grapeseed oil and is absolute magic. It makes skin perfect, soft and supple and has raving reviews on Etsy! It’s made by steam-distilling fresh rose petals and is incredibly nourishing and calming, making your skin soft, healthy and happy!
12. Acne prone skin gentle chamomile aloe moisturizer 👈🏻 this super lightweight moisturizer is designed especially for acne prone or reactive skin, it helps to calm and soothe it, providing that essential barrier to lock in moisture.
Set up your own soothing skincare station
13. Calls me beautiful wall art 👈🏻 a beautiful little corner or set up will motivate you no end when it comes to skincare and provide a lovely little refuge to retreat to, to apply your lovely skincare products. This Disney inspired print is so cute!
14. Self love body wall art 👈🏻 this seller has so many gorgeous self love and body positivity inspired wall art pieces!
15. Skincare wall art 👈🏻 this girly wall art print is adorable, I love all the skincare product illustrations!
16. Floral self love wall art print 👈🏻 how gorgeous is this dreamy nature infused self love wall print!
I hope these tips are helpful, especially for sensitive skin and problem/acne prone skin types – realising that we too can have that coveted glow they talk about on the internet! They are ways we can give our skin the ultimate glow up every day!
PS this is a simple basic guide that may not address the severity of persistant and chronic types of acne ♡ I hope they might be helpful to use alongside advice from a gp or dermatologist! Let me know your thoughts and favourite skincare habits below!
Posts on www.icecreamandclara.co.uk contain affiliate links. For full disclosure, click HERE