Here are my own 2020 glow up challenges. After seeing them about, I thought I would try making my own! Here is everything I would love to do in order to ‘glow up’ this year. It’s my take on those glow up to do lists, how to become prettier over the summer and similar glow up transformation posts. I hope you enjoy and let me know your own ideas below. Here’s to…
1. Switching to a bamboo toothbrush, this lovely one on Etsy
2. More feeling blissful and pink bubble baths
3. More healthy eating, chickpeas and roasted carrots with parmesan
4. More perfume and adopting a signature scent
5. Wearing tiny dainty earrings – I absolutely love these dainty heart shaped earrings, they are shaped exactly like the ‘♡’ emoji, so perfect!
6. Mending, restoring and caring for clothes – and debobbling them, making them look totally new again with this debobbler tool that is everything!
7. Wear a silken sleep mask at night, a dreamy ritual and so good for the skin
9. Trying on clothes in popular or overwhelming shops
10. Wearing more co ords and matching outfits – an amazing way to look put together on tired, sleepy days, I love cosy knit combos and dressing head to toe in ecru
11. Sampling dreamy makeup in glittery department stores
12. Nourishing my nails and cuticles – and painting with a glossy coat of sheer polish in ballet pink, that cares for them at the same time, Essie’s Treat, Love and Colour is perfection. It’s only £2.99 here, for all four shades, an absolute steal!
13. Practising eyeliner and even longer flicks
14. Wearing an anklet because I feel like you can never not be a cool girl with one. I absolutely love this loveheart anklet, or this dainty little heart, treating yourself to one of these is a heavenly idea
15. Switching from sweetened squash to fruit infused water – this girly fruit infuser water bottle is the most perfect thing
16. Practise making beautiful cascading curls like in vintage films
17. Using essence of rose in my cooking
18. More big, close, fluffy towels, warmed on the radiator
19. More stretching and moving
20. Lighting more candles and enjoying soft mood lighting
21. More feeling calm and composed
22. Wearing pretty silky pyjamas more often
23. Wearing a hair perfume or fragrance and become known for it
24. Master the high sleek ponytail
25. More eating fancy and elegant desserts, with a fork
26. Visiting a hotel with fancy architecture, like pretty ceilings and fireplaces
27. More gentle skincare like trying avocado and vitamin E oils and soothing, caring for my skin with the kindest cleanser
28. Making a pink crystal collection for self love with a perfect pink crystal kit, I absolutely love these on Etsy as they have already been lovingly put together for you, it’s like receiving a special gift. Here is a kit for self empowerment, containing sunstone that promotes independence, a love potion, containing emerald, and one to soothe and nourish your soul, containing adventurine.
I think any of these would be a lot of fun, it’s about abandoning the idea of restricting things and denying yourself things and just adding things instead! I really like the idea of ‘glow up’ challenges instead of resolutions, they are things to have a go at, rather to stick to haha. I’d love to know your favourites and thank you for reading! ♡
Posts on www.icecreamandclara.co.uk often contain affiliate links. For full disclosure, click HERE