Happy October everyone! I made a list of relaxing night ideas and pampering rituals you can do while in bed, when you are ready to unwind after a long day but are also perfectly poised to face plant a bed aka me. They are perfect for the end of a long day, they feel extremely delicious but you won’t have to move an inch (well, nearly) do anything or even get out of bed… yes I went there.
Secret trick! Pop these gorgeous, yet affordable wax melts in your drawers to scent everything inside them! They are absolutely divine and the best thing I’ve ever purchased. You can get Lush’s The Comforter scented ones and their coveted Snow Fairy wax melts!
1. Read an incredibly pampering book – if I want to get to sleep fast I try to read something difficult, maybe something old fashioned with all the archaic language, but for a lovely pampering ritual, treat yourself to a book you would never normally read but excites you – a guilty pleasure book! This can be about a celebrity, a beauty book or just something really pretty with adorable illustrations, like macarons or cats or even stickers *channels inner nine year old self*
Something like an interactive journal or self helper! Purchase adorable kawaii pencils just for this purpose, or some pastel, scented or glitter gel pens you loved as a child. Collect and save beautiful stickers for this purpose, for no other reason than to make it look pretty. It’s all about delighting our inner child and they are an even more fun alternative to adult colouring books, yes I said it.
2. Keep Lush bubble bars in your bedside drawers – or pop them on your shelves or near the bed to scent the area. The bubble bars are easiest for this as you can split them up in to pieces, to use the pieces you aren’t bathing with to scent the room. I tried doing the same with the bath bombs but they didn’t last as long as the other products, they seem to go damp and mushy.
3. Wrap fairylights around your bedframe – so you can just reach your arm up to pop on some soothing mood lighting that is stress free and perfect for reading in bed and you don’t have to worry about lighting and later blowing out candles and checking whether they’ve gone out properly or not or if they’ve spontaneously ignited themselves, I think that’s just me.
4. Lots of soft, silky blankets – these don’t have to be expensive or cost much at all, you can find lovely throws in places like tk maxx, home bargains, bargain bins in supermarkets, where they are vastly reduced after coming to the end of the line on the shelves. Head to bargain shops for the softest ever, silky throws and wrap yourself up in one head to toe in bed to feel heavenly, one of the best relaxing night ideas.
5. Wear slipper boots or fluffy socks in bed – my all-things-comfy-obsessed self is getting way too excited. Treat yourself to a pair of winter slippers or those really lovely, luxurious cosy socks from the white company and wear them to your hearts content.
6. Enjoy a hot water bottle – I think the humble hot water bottle is so underrated! That dreamy warmth is just bliss on a cold night, the equivalent of a hot bath and fairy stories, just in your bed. It’s so divine and something to help you get through the colder months and feel cosy.
7. Slap on a hand cream – or body creme for velvety soft hands and luscious, sweet smelling skin when you wake up in the morning. A lovely gourmet scent is perfect for a cosy pamper evening, think salted caramel scents, vanilla… they are always my favourites for autumn and winter.
8. Cuddle with pets or humans – one of the best kinds of rituals and relaxing night ideas, snuggling loved ones is proven to release a rush of hormone oxytocin, the ‘cuddle hormone’, plus it’s free.
9. Reach for the micellar water – to successfully and easily melt makeup off your face and wipe away the day. I love micellar water as you can use it anywhere, with a cotton pad or soft flannel and the particles of oil within it help to break down and clean away stubborn makeup. It’s really simple to use and gentle and caring on all skin types.
10. The joy of trying a pillow spray – one of those lovely little luxuries that you totally forget about in the day but then you remember and it makes you really happy inside. I get really excited remembering that I own one, I definitely recommend the Body Shop one.
I hope you liked my tips! I also put together a list of real action better sleep tips here, I hope they are helpful ♡ do you prefer darker autumn evenings or lighter summer ones? ♡