For every day! How to get gazelle legs, tips that will work for you every day, not just reserved for special occasions! Although many a leg shape be beautiful, this is a specific guide on achieving that slender, athletic look through bits and bobs you might wear casually. Here are some sneaky tips and tricks and casual wear picks to make your legs look extra long, no matter how tall you are!
1. Knee high or thigh high boots! Will seriously give you forever legs. The only challenge with sock boots is how to keep them up and above your knees, they have a funny knack for being a bit too sock-like and progressing further and further down the leg… I definitely recommend going for the sturdier varieties, those with full length zips mean they will comfortably stay in place!
2. Knee high socks – An amazing way to create the illusion without having to go out and buy thigh high boots (which can run expensive). I found some uber cute ones that come as a 2 in 1 with tights, so there’s no chance of them ruckling or sliding back down every five minutes! I will be sure to find the ASOS link and pop it in!
The layering look is so cute for autumn too. They make your legs look longer and leaner by visually breaking up the leg in to two colours, so the eye assesses the leg as having a greater/longer surface area, and tights are amazing at transforming, sculpting and shaping the leg too!
3. Match your shoes to your legs – streamline your outfit by matching your shoes to your clothes, so that the shoe almost becomes an extension of your leg, for example, wearing nude shoes to match your skintone ensures the eye travels all the way from the top of your leg down to your toe!
4. Choose soft flowy fabrics – soft, flowing, sheer and feathery fabrics that wrap around the legs will draw the eye downwards and streamline the leg as there is no clean break between fabric and skin. A heavy hemline will create a contrast between material and skin, creating a shorter leg, as that is the length the eye is drawn to. I love to try and bring maxi skirts in to every day casual wear as I think they are so romantic and quirky… high waisted, side slits, so many options!
5. Use a shimmer or body oil – this will help to magically streamline your legs – there I go again haha – and making legs as shiny and luminiscent as possible will draw attention to them as the focal point of your outfit. When the legs take center stage, they automatically appear longer, our eye is drawn to them first and we judge them as having a greater surface area than they really do! Plus having super glowy legs is a great way to feel confident and otherworldly all at the same time!
6. Slits in clothing – I shared a few casual pieces with slits that you can wear every day, they don’t just have to be for formal occasions! I also love to pair a sub sheer flowy dress or cami dress over a plain or lace tshirt – a really fun way to style more formal pieces in to every day life.
7. High waisted style – high waisted pants, shorts, skirts are amazing. High waisted pieces sculpt a smaller torso and super long legs by making it seem that your legs start super high up.
8. A one colour outfit – this is an amazing idea to create a streamlined shape and look lean from head to toe! This is especially flattering on the leg as the eye cannot pick up where the legs begin, thus creating the illusion of longer pins, as there are no visible breaks in the outfit, whereas contrasts in colour create breaks in your outfit and make each section look shorter. I love how put together and confident I feel in a one colour outfit or adhering to a theme. Dark colours are especially good for achieving lean legs!
9. Floaty skater skirts! These are so much fun – a skater skirt or one with plenty of movement will add extra dimension to your figure, flatter the legs and lengthen them too.
11. Take snaps from a lower angle – for extra long legs in photos! This works on any angle, even sitting down shots and is super flattering for outfit photos! If only we could go around being actually super tall giants in real life and keep the illusion going haha.
Thanks so much for stopping by! It’s a lot of fun to play around with the items in your closet, trying out all kinds different styles and body shapes. PS are you excited for autumn? Let me know! ♡
All content is my own. This post may contain affiliate links. For full disclosure, click HERE