I thought I would bring you some gorgeous and relaxing morning routine checklist ideas, after really loving putting together my girly bedtime routine and 12 princessy things to do in your pjs… I might be the cringiest person ever but sometimes you just need to be and it’s just the best haha. Here are some lovely self care and self love morning rituals, definitely best performed at sunrise.
The cutest morning mugs:
1. This sausage dog mug 👈🏻 is adorable! This is the perfect girly morning mug. I found so many cute mugs to show you but these two sausage dog mugs are my favourite, they are really gorgeous and affordable too.
2. Another super cute sausage dog mug 👈🏻 it’s so pretty and affordable too!
3. Ingenious Legally Blonde inspired girly mug 👈🏻 this is the perfect girly mug to get you feeling inspired in the morning, it’s so cute!
4. Hilarious ‘Why is it made of warms?’ cat mug 👈🏻 this mug makes my soul happy every time I see it, it’s so funny and affordable too, I love it!
The perfect wake up essentials:
6. Dress in your favourite underwear/lingerie/pjs 👈🏻 even just to walk around the house in, ‘you are a goddess, own it’ really rings true. Never underestimate the power of wearing pretty pjs or lingerie that makes you feel good, these satin pjs are a really easy way to feel like an actual princess.
7. Make some lovely peach green tea 👈🏻 the perfect hot drink to fill your adorable mug of the morning! It’s super healthy and tastes like peach, green tea has so many benefits and is packed full of antioxidants and nutrients, helping with brain function and weight loss.
8. Use the watermelon and white tea cleansing milk 👈🏻 give your skin a refreshing swipe and cleanse it with this beautiful cleansing milk, it’s an absolute dream, plus try using with these adorable reusable cotton pads too!
To wake up your home:
9. Make your bed with this perfect chunky knit throw 👈🏻 an absolute gamechanger for making your bed look all pretty and put together and is so cosy!
10. Spritz this British picnic inspired strawberry vanilla room spray 👈🏻 fluff up the cushions, pop on a throw, then spritz a little sweet and sunny room spray. I like to just pop open a window to bring some fresh air inside and it helps to wake me up a bit.
11. and 12. Lush Comforter and Fairy wax melts to scent your home 👈🏻 a really quick, yet satisfying way to get everything feeling clean and fresh in the mornings is to fill your home with a clean and pretty fragrance. You can get these really adorable melts on Etsy here that smell exactly like the Comforter bubble bar – and every bath bomb too! – they are the perfect way to make your house smell like you’ve taken a Lush bath.
There are also tons of Zoflora scents to choose from, from sweet pea to fresh linen, so even if you don’t have time to mop the place, it can smell exactly like you did!
13. Part the curtains and dust around – all your favourite things on your shelves, this can be so satisfying and therapeutic to do, even when you’re in a rush! It sort of helps you to cement where you are and adjust to your surroundings if you feel groggy after waking up and a gentle way to come back in to the real world. It’s so soothing for me, a quick dust or wipe makes everything look brand new and a really quick way to care for your belongings and make them like new in a second.
14. Feed your pets and pop some fresh water down – give your pets a lovely breakfast to start the day or water your plant babies. You could even spend some time giving them a cuddle to say good morning yes plants too. Spoiling those around you and spreading love around can be the perfect way to spoil yourself in the process, we could all use that in the morning!
The art of dressing:
15. Bath in rose water 👈🏻 even just your face and hair with a lovely little china bowl, jug and muslin cloth at your dressing table like in olden days. This is the perfect time to indulge in some skincare or maybe use a jade roller to care for your complexion to start the day. Even a generous spritz of rosewater spray for the face and neck will do, as part of a five minute routine!
16. Apply this shimmering moon milk 👈🏻 for Goddessy body goals! A silky, lightweight oil that illuminates with shimmery particles to compliment every skin tone. With a gorgeous fragrance of jasmine blossom and velvety tuberose, it protects and moisturizes dry skin, leaving you glowing. This is amazing to use after exfoliating to create seriously gorgeous legs.
17. Soften body all over with heavenly dusting powder 👈🏻 I love to do this after applying a lovely body lotion, this spun sugar dusting powder sounds incredible, it’s also talc free, but I also love the Miss Dior scented lotion followed by M&S Florentyna powder – it’s kind of like baby powder for adult people haha, most of them also come with a body puff to pat the scented powder all over your body, apply just before getting dressed and slipping in to your outfit of the day.
18. This wonderful caramel drizzle exfoliating lip scrub 👈🏻 that tastes like caramel, such an enjoyable treat to work in to your routine, plus baby soft lips!
19. Apply a Spf – upon the face and neck to care for your skin and ensure it is protected all day. Such a lovely ritual to carry out – a great way to give your skin some loving as it will prevent it from the effects of aging, with sun exposure being the main cause of skin aging and damage. It will help your skin to retain its plumpness and baby softness for as long as possible.
20. Rub a little green tea moisturiser on cheekbones to make them glow 👈🏻 and to seal in moisture, an essential step for all skin types! This is the perfect ‘glow up’ moisturiser, it’s lightweight and perfect for oily skin and makes your skin look and feel beautiful. There are so many ways to dress the body aside from pulling on clothes, make it in to a beautiful, formal ritual to feel like a princess every day.
21. If you take a shower use a jumbo sponge 👈🏻 if you do have time for a shower or bath, treat yourself to an extra large soft sponge – the best as you can unload a whole bucket load of sweet sweet warm water over your shoulders in one go. This is extra amazing in winter. Squeezing in little treats like this – huhu – will make even the quickest routine feel luxurious. Also try a Turkish cotton towel to enhance your shower or bathing experience, just as rich as Egyptian cotton but more affordable.
22. Pick out your outfit/armour ready for the day – select your outfit of the day. It’s one of those dress up games you used to play, just real life now. Okay with a few glitches and without the amazing ability to snap clothes to your body in a few clicks!
Before you leave the house:
23. Watch something soothing or heartwarming – a funny video you loved as a child will deport you back to another time, or one where the world was simpler and helps to ground you as you start your day. I would absolutely love to acquire a VHS tape player and replay all my childhood favourites, it seriously takes me to another world where everything was simple and carefree. Go for whatever soothes your soul, guinea pig videos, ballet videos, anything goes!
24. Eat a delicious breakfast bowl of granola with strawberries and honey – on a pretty tray or plate.
25. Invest in one of those amazing water bottles you can infuse with fruit – this is amazing for people-who-don’t-like-wa-ter (sings advert) This probably sounds silly but I have never liked the taste of water, probably me growing up addicted to every kind of squash hehe but I could definitely do with cutting my squash intake and this is the perfect way.
26. Take a snap of your straighteners once you have turned them off – to reassure yourself throughout the day! It’s a horrible feeling being unsure if you turned off your straighteners or any hot appliance you used, or even if you locked your front door. This is a genius hack that will reassure you and help you to feel put together and confident going about your day!
27. Wear trainers/sneakers when you leave the house – a powerwalk to your destination can absolutely count as a workout!
I love how these can suit any sort of morning routine, no matter if you have five mins to get ready or a lovely slow morning to wake up gently, I hope they will make even the quickest five minute routine feel incredibly luxurious. Thanks for reading – let me know your thoughts and favourites below! ♡
Posts on www.icecreamandclara.co.uk contain affiliate links. For full disclosure, click HERE