Aka the best dupes for Lush Sleepy! Some of you from twitter might know I recently spent a week in hospital for glandular fever. For many days I couldn’t look at my phone, which is why things got a bit quiet around here. I really loved working on my dream girly bedtime routine and I thought I would hone in on the best lotions and body products to use before bed and work in to your evening or night routine. I decided to make a list of dupes and my best/favourite products that help you to relax, unwind and come down from the day, soothing lotions to help you fall asleep or to help you sleep better. Cosy up and prepare to snooze away! *moon and star emojis*
Secret trick! Pop these gorgeous, yet affordable wax melts in your drawers to scent everything inside them! They are absolutely divine and the best thing I’ve ever purchased. You can get Lush’s The Comforter scented ones and their coveted Snow Fairy wax melts!
1. First I have to start with Lush’s Sleepy body lotion – a lovely intensive lotion that comes in a little black pot, it smells like summer lavender, the same scent as their milky lavender scented pink Twilight bath bomb. It smells incredibly relaxing and you almost want to eat it haha, but it can be pretty pricey, especially for the larger size pots and with online shipping costs too.
2. Johnson’s baby bedtime lotion – it smells dreamy and relaxing, milky and soothing, a little like lavender and pear drops. It smells like babies, bottled! It’s also meant for babies delicate skin so is perfect for sensitive or eczema prone skin, it soothes and softens it beautifully.
3. Love Beauty & Planet lavender body lotion – said to be the perfect dupe for Lush’s Sleepy and very worth a try, you get much more product for your budget and these are flying off the shelves. There are also bath bombs, body wash, even a shampoo and conditioner as part of the range, all infused with argan oil. Grab them from Boots or ASOS when they are in stock!
4. Lushie Sleepy head scented wax melts – someone very cleverly recreated the scent of Lush Sleepy – in soy wax melt form! Not technically a body product but perfect to pop in your pyjama drawer or keep in a pot next to your bed. They smell like lavender and tonka, made with soy and promise to be richly scented, just be sure to put any candles out before you get in to bed!
5. Hurraw Moon Balm chamomile vanilla night lip treatment – a lovely cup of chamomile tea in lip balm form! The perfect night time ritual to wake up in the morning with super soft lips and perfect for people who aren’t the biggest fan of tea but love a bit of chamomile!
6. Miss Patisserie Dusk Rose bath slab – infused with real roses petals and rose and lavender scented, this dreamy bath slab is the perfect relaxing vegan bath treat to relax and unwind.
7. Sanctuary Spa Beauty Sleep recovery mask – a really lovely luxurious bedtime ritual, just apply and let it work its magic overnight! It is so light, you almost forget it’s on and helps to repair skin and relieve any dryness or redness, you wake up with such soft skin!
8. This Works Sleep Plus Dream Body cream – this sumptuous lotion not only soothes your senses but is a powerful anti aging cream that is ultra moisturising and repairs your skin while you sleep, tackling any dryness and sun damage, repairing and restoring your complexion.
9. Sanctuary Dream Easy pillow mist – I thought I would include another favourite from the Sanctuary Spa sleep range as they have such amazing reviews and this pillow mist gives your bedroom a ridicuously calming ambience with deeply soothing lavender, jasmine and ylang ylang.
10. This Works sleep range – this range has been specially created for ultimate sleep and relaxation, there are so many products like pillow sprays, bath soak, sleep balm, candles… everything you could ever need to relax and unwind in the comfort of your own home. The deep sleep pillow spray is my favourite, it combines lavender, vetivert and wild chamomile, the most relaxing spray ever.
11. Sleeping Beauty Lavender sleep mask – an adorable night time mask to use that smells like lavender! A calming treat for the skin that is just as nice to photograph, how cute.
12. Oh k! Moisturising sleep mask – I thought I would throw in another sleep mask for good measure as I love Oh K! products and it looks so cute, I love the illustrations and you get 5-6 uses out of it. The perfect little bedtime ritual to calm and soothe your skin as well as your mind.
13. Alpha-H Beauty Sleep power mist – to give your skin a little boost while you sleep, it supports the skin’s overnight repair process and gives you a lovely glow, plus smells like lavender and rose. It is paraben free too and sounds the nicest face mist, I can’t wait to try this!
14. Soap and Glory smoothie star body lotion – I threw in my all time favourite lotion as it has one of yummiest and calming scents ever, it smells like vanilla sugar and marzipan. I seriously recommend trying it, it gives you the softest skin ever applying it before bed.
Lots of apologies as I’ve been so bad with replies and visiting back lately, I have had to sleep and rest a lot but can’t wait to catch up on my favourite blogs! Do you use a body lotion before bed? ♡
All content is my own. This post may contain affiliate links. For full disclosure, click HERE