This is a little aesthetical edit I made. I hope you like it! The inspirations for this post came from ITV’s Victoria. I really love Jenna’s style as young Victoria, the whole set and costumes, especially the ethereal looking nightgown scenes by candlelight. Plus my favourite Stradivarius blouse came back in stock on ASOS again! I hope you will like these ideas, lovely things to put in place, practise and adopt in the comfort of your own home and/or out everyday! Here is everything you need, how to be ethereal in every day life…
Secret trick! Pop these gorgeous, yet affordable wax melts in your drawers to scent everything inside them! They are absolutely divine and the best thing I’ve ever purchased. You can get Lush’s The Comforter scented ones and their coveted Snow Fairy wax melts!
1. Dress in floaty white things – I love incorporating symbols in to my outfits, like a secret language. White can represent purity and has angelic connotations. I recently repurchased my favourite Stradivarius blouse, so I always have one to wear when the other is in the wash.
2. Choose pieces that resemble corsets and bodices – dress like a character from a storybook by fusing little old fashioned elements in to your everyday outfits. Broderie details, poofy sleeves, sheer elements, dreamy collars, fit and flare shapes, the lacy blouses that are popular at the moment… gorgeous round, boat and off shoulder necklines to elongate the neck and exude vintage girl flair. All of these help to infuse your outfits with fairytale appeal. A pretty brooch or hair comb can add a really romantic touch. There’s nothing wrong with carrying around a fan and gloves, right?
3. Keep crystals close – collect gentle and uplifting crystals like Selenite, Opal, Angelite, Rose Quartz and Amethyst
4. Practise the art of hair braiding – to create all kinds of pretty styles, master the fishtail, the dutch braid… so many to try! It’s so handy being able to whip your locks in to a fast and elegant style, as well as creating standout looks with your hair to make a beautiful, gentle statement.
5. Use rose water liberally – just one spritz never seems enough! Spray on your pillow, spritz on your body and face, invest in rose infused skincare like my favourite Origins silky skin routine. For best results, commune with nature and expose skin to rain and drizzle as historical accounts depict it to be beneficial for the face and complexion. English weather has its benefits!
6. Highlighter is your friend – to create a pillowy soft, dewy complexion. I love concealer and BB creams too for a lighter look. Try applying makeup in open daylight to work with your face in a natural light and learn how it sculpts your face. If your face looks good by daylight, it will look good by all kinds of light. For events try adding a little glitter or some press on stars or face jewellery.
7. Alternate between gentle, laidback hairstyles and pretty up dos – to show off different angles of the face and create a contrast between formal style and informal style. The latter could mean a braid crown around the head or half up, half down, letting down the hair.
8. Invest in delicious bedding – really soft, comfy and pillowy sheets
9. Wear perfume with frankincense, vanilla and rose – or a really classic scent. Choose a hair perfume to help the scent last even longer and to distribute it with every hair flick.
10. Create voluptuous eyelashes – applying a lash serum will moisturise and protect your lashes, helping them to grow lovely and strong, especially when you have lashes that are breaking or brittle. Try applying every night before bed to seal in moisture. Olive oil, castor oil coconut oil promise to nourish lashes and help them grow long and thick, especially after wearing mascara all day.
11. Invest in a beautiful hairbrush that you love to use, hand mirror optional!
12. Try your hand at lovely past times – carry yourself with patience and slowly, slowly become an expert in different fields, like Madame de Pompadour, seasoned gardener, expert in the decorative arts, singer, actress and artist. Even if you have such little time to spare and definitely don’t have her days to spend in and around the castle, lend just 10 minutes to growing some lovely fruits, vegetables or practising a braid. Try out different things and be curious, always meaning to fail and learn ensures you will always have something incredible and fascinating to discuss.
13. Make things yourself that you need and use everyday – like a favourite jam or cordial, it will help you to feel more connected to what you are consuming and where it comes from. A darling fashion statement is to press flowers and popping them in to little glass cases to make brooches and jewellery. You can even make a protection charm by adding crystals like smoky quartz.
14. Nourish your nails, skin and hair – keep your ends well oiled to grow rich, glowing tresses and your skin clean, moisturised and happy. Give them everything they need to thrive.
15. Visit old places/stately homes and dress up for the occasion! I find such joy in dressing up in period like costume, or even just little old fashioned touches like a brooch or posy of flowers, especially when visiting a grand place, it helps me to connect to my surroundings and takes me back in time a little bit. It gives me a really lovely sense of contentment, of feeling at home.
16. Practise being brave, kind and compassionate – be courageous in the pursuit of helping others. To be ethereal is to be soft, carry yourself with care, love and elegance. Don’t be afraid or intimidated, take refuge in your kindness, be good hearted and the heroine in your own story.
17. Channel your all time favourite characters – there is no shame in watching and rewatching that episode to just take in all of its beauty all over again, for style notes and outfit ideas. Plus listening to the soundtracks on repeat.
18. Address your room, belongings, possessions with care – take good care and treasure your possessions. I love cleaning and tending to my favourite things, I find it so therapeutic. I love to collect gerbils and they are my favourite of all haha.
19. Create a little palace around you – whether that means changing your room around, converting your home in to a comfy little cottage or castle, creating little nooks for reading and relaxation, crafting little flower baskets, growing strawberries on your windowsills.
20. To be ethereal is to be unusual – a kind of otherwordly, like a pretty and rare butterfly in a collection. Your imperfections and unique characteristics are your strengths, the weirdest parts of you become the most beautiful. Don’t fight yourself to fit in to a mould, play to your strengths. Like your eyes? Style up your face – or style it down – to emphasise and celebrate them.
I hope you liked this piece! I really enjoy putting together these jumbo guides, even if they take longer to create. Sometimes I think there is no harm in being slightly ridiculously cringey haha, it makes every day life more fun. Are you an old soul? I hope you might find some inspiration in this post ♡ If you liked this do check out my pamper day wishlist, Marie Antoinette inspired nightwear edit or Marie Antoinette inspired pamper night routine. I hope you enjoy! ♡
All content is my own. This post may contain affiliate links. For full disclosure, click HERE.