For me self care can be a bit girly at times. For me it’s less about mental health, as there is nothing I can see, hear, buy, purchase to assist or relieve my difficulties, the extreme fluctuations in brain chemistry, along with the very present flu like feelings. So I thought I would make a wishlist of fun things! Here are some girly ‘me time’ things on my wishlist, pretty things that are perfect to gift yourself and others as little pick me ups! These will hopefully be perfect for the pamper evening, the spa night at home and encourage me to set aside time for some self care, regardless if I am feeling bad.
1. Feather Bra – the comfiest thing ever to wear, I am seriously invested. These are kind of like sports bras so you can just lounge around in the house in them along with your checked pyjama pants. They are so soft and stretchy, the name ‘Feather Bra’ is definitely accurate. They are really versatile, are literally like wearing a cloud and perfect for every day. You really do forget you are wearing it, in a good way! I love the light pink, nude and black shades. One of the best ‘me time’ purchases I’ve ever made haha. If you’ve ever dithered around buying one of these, I say go for it! You will not regret.
2. Novelty milk menu mug, ASOS – a really lovely act of self care for me is buying myself a novelty mug. I am a collector, I recently added this gorgeous Miss Etoile mug to my desk and this ASOS mug is adorable too, how cute is the design? It’s also in the sale at the moment, let me know if you pick it up!
3. Aurelia Miracle cleanser – the packaging is so gorgeous and this is meant to be such a great cleanser, with its probiotic proteins and blend of dreamy rosemary, eucalyptus and chamomile essential oils. I should wait and secure a tester first for my overeactive skin but the packaging is telling me otherwise…
4. Fluffy, satin and gel eye mask – I featured this sleep mask a little while ago on my blog but I had to bring it back, it’s so darn cute. It’s the cutest satiny eye mask, with a removable gel lining.
5. Super long hot water bottle – I am totally on board with this new hot water bottle trend! I absolutely love the thought of a huuuuge hot water bottle to just lie on and pretty much just starfish out
6. Charlotte Tilbury Goddess skin clay mask – I’ve been a lot more in to skincare recently after finding Caudalie products that my overactive skin is actually cool with, and would love to give this mask a try, I have loved clay masks in the past and love the concept of this. It has amazing reviews, although I’m probably not being very sensible with my sensitive skin with it having a high price tag haha
7. Etta French jewellery candle – I gifted Mitch’s mum one of these last year and she loved it, it’s such a fun concept putting jewellery at the bottom of candles, so that once you have finished the candle you get a nice surprise at the end. I really want to try this heavenly sounding rose and vetiver scent.
8. Philips electric toothbrush – I’ve been wanting to make the swap to an electric toothbrush for a while now, my sister has an Oral B one and swears by it. Being me, I went and found a pink one haha. I love how you can change the heads on them, I love those kind of self care buys as they are doing good for your body as well as your appearance, it just makes you feel that much better about yourself.
9. Oh K! Sleep mask – more skincare ventures haha, I’ve always thought Oh K! products are so cute and affordable too, I’d love to try out some korean style skincare products. Yes I am hooked on the idea of glass skin and yes it is very probably an internet illusion haha. I’d love to invest in face masks and sheet masks but put off by the idea of spending a lot of money on one, only to use it one time. This is meant to last five or six uses which is perfect for me, all of their masks sound so cute.
10. Lanolips ointment – I remember reading Catherine’s lovely review on this and thinking the packaging was so pretty. Especially in her photos anyways! I absolutely love those multipurpose balms and ointments you can get that you can use to treat anything… I’m almost out of my rose balm so would love to try this. I think they have a strawberry scented version too which sounds gorgeous.
What do you think of my picks? I’m hoping there will be something for everyone, any one of these will revolutionise your night routine and make the whole going to bed ritual a lot sweeter. PS catch my self soothing phone wallpaper compilation post here, they are perfect little pick me ups! ♡