Right now in the UK we are in the middle of our warmest February yet! It’s about 16 or so degrees here in the Lake District which is exciting!! Plus it’s not raining either, there are pure blue skies.
I visited my family on the bus with a little help from my sister and the bus route is gorgeous, it was just bliss with the sunshine coasting the hills, I am so blessed to live here, every part feels like home. Hearing birdsong through the open windows, seeing all the lambs in the fields and the daffodils and the blossoms are starting too. I’m going to keep popping my sheets up to dry in the sun and blissfully pretend it’s going to carry on in to next week. I thought I would compose a list of girly things to do for spring whilst I am in spring mode haha… I hope you like!
1. Pick the smallest outing, any outing – Any will do, just to feel the sun on your back and hear some birdsong, eat a picnic in the garden or your nearest bench, breathe in fresh air.
2. Take lots of pretty photos and experiment with loads of cool angles. Carry a camera with you, check instagram or places like We Heart it for inspiration. You could try laying atop a camper van, using blossom as confetti, sitting in the flowers or experiment with different dreamy light effects taking advantage of the sunshine, you could even use your back garden or balcony.
3. Add a camera to your outfit and photograph everything, everywhere you go. Find a pretty old fashioned camera or an instax camera, purchase or make a pretty strap for it. You never know when you might chance upon a deer or ‘fairy ring’, circle of flowers, buds on the trees.
4. Accessorize with a satiny ribbon – choose a pretty colour or pattern to wear in your hair and coordinate it with your outfit. You could use it to tie a ponytail, weave it through a plait or french braid your hair half down, half up. Tease some strands to sit by your face for a soft look.
5. Go for a cute lunch or breakfast, sit outside at a table – at one of those cute diners that sell waffles and be a rebel, order ice cream even if people stare and ask me if it’s warm enough yet. It’s never too early for ice cream season, or that’s what I tell myself haha.
6. Feed ducks and swans – try offer them small pieces of leafy green vegetables like lettuce, vegetable peelings, oats and birdseed, instead of bread which is not too good for our feathered friends.
7. Make a tiny change to your space – like a pretty new decoration or garland for your room, change up your drawer knobs, buy some fresh flowers, buy a book just for its cover, no one will know!
8. Drink from cute striped paper straws, pretty mug or glass bottles optional
9. Customise your phone or laptop with a pretty new wallpaper, use a snap of one your pets rolling in the grass or chilling in the sun/flowers, or go on Cocoppa to change up your app covers. I love to find a new wallpaper every month or so because for me it is like turning a new page on my calendar and my phone feels like new again. You could also celebrate the new season with a new playlist on your phone and new songs on repeat in your ears, I love jazzy kinds of music for spring.
10. All about the 60’s vibes… when the weather gets warmer, I love the ability to wear shorts and mini skirts, the eyeliner has come back out
at least until the April showers haha, I love the tousled hair look and cute bow blouses… it’s so much fun to delve in to your wardrobe, rearrange it and bring forward the cute spring pieces to sit amongst your winter jumpers. I love to try new makeup looks to celebrate the new season. You could also update your look with a new charm from Pandora, a silk scarf you can wear almost anywhere, light and pretty gloves, a new lipstick, blossom behind your ear.
11. Treat your pets to spring – although there are many of our furry friends we cannot take on walks, we can try to bring spring time to them instead. Take your four legged friends, and Oscar in my case, to play in the meadows, at the beach, in the water, pick some dandelions for your bunnies, open a window for your indoor pets and let in fresh air, maybe let them sunbathe on the roof.
12. Decorate your breakfast, with coconut flakes, honey, strawberries, all the crazy cool things that you learn about from instagram, add a bit of smoothie bowl flair to your morning meal.
I hoped you liked these! For some reason I feel like in our society today it is disapproved upon to ‘live simply’ or be content where you are. If you are not working your socks off to become a CEO or live among the kings and giants of society, a life is seen to be a waste, it feels that nothing as it is is ever enough and we should always be striving for more. I am here to say I do not agree, that it is wonderful to embrace the small things as these make up our lives, it consists of little moments, what is seen as the quieter side of life, that is sadly often just dismissed as background noise.
PS try my 12 princessy things you can do… in your pjs for more! ♡