These kinds of posts are really great for just having a catch up, rambling about things while I’m having my tea and talking about what I’ve been loving lately. Right now it’s raining, my ear is blocked and Oscar is eating
Kinder egg! One of the things that gives me pure happiness is being able to introduce all the lovely things like kinder to my little boy, especially the spoonable eggs. Here are some other things that are equally as happy…
1. I’d seen Pretty Honest floating about the internet for years and years now, so I thought I would give it a read at long last as I’ve always been curious! I bought it for under £4 and it’s a pretty heavy book, it’s definitely got some weight to it. I also picked up ‘Was she Pretty?‘ by Leanne Shapton for about £2, a graphic and prose exploration of modern day relationships and how they make us feel, and I re bought my beloved ‘Ice Cream’ by Helen Dunmore for under £2 as my old copy got so battered *bombards you with beautiful prose*
2. I discovered H&M do unlimited free delivery for members and I haven’t looked back. I decided to buy this chiffon rose patterned white cushion cover and threw in a couple of candles for 99p, because they were so cheap and the packaging looked vintagey and cool
don’t judge me
3. Meet a little friend of mine. This is a female baby gerbil from Fiti’s last litter and she turned out to be spotted! She is a colourpoint agouti but because the spots have diluted her coat she is a silvery very light Siamese colour. She is only 3-4 weeks old so still the tiniest baby! I think the name ‘Thumper’ would suit her perfectly. Gerbils tend to thump their hind legs loudly when nervous and she loves my Thumper blanket!
4. The boy who once fitted in my belly, he is an actual big human! An miracle morning where my hair is a mess and I’m not yet dressed but I managed Oscar’s bath and to even dress him and carry him afterwards. I’m so happy I got a candid snap of us both together! Something I realised after having a baby is that your tummy never does go down again, it’s never quite the same, maybe my muscles separated during pregnancy
or it’s just fat
5 and 6. Freshlook contact lenses in grey by Vision Direct*, I wear these for cosmetic reasons and they turned my eyes a grey hazel hue and made my irises really stand out, they look so clear and defined. I swear they make me look more tanned and I can use my eye drops with them in too. They are so comfortable and I don’t want to take them out, I’d love to be able wear them longer at a time, I wish I could keep this eye colour all the time!
7. Fresh pug sheets that I snapped and forgot to include. They are so soft and comfy… fresh sheets are the best.
8. Really soft fleecy Thumper blanket from Primark. I really wanted the duvet set but I couldn’t justify the price so I went with the cute fleecy blanket instead haha. I have my fingers crossed I might come across it in the sale.
Head over to my insta to see more pink and Thumper snaps (both gerbil girl and bedding varities). Thank you so much for your beautiful comments and words of encouragement, I will make sure to return the favour! ♡