Come the chilly month of January, I'm not the only one longing for a break, an escape from the cold, wind and rain, a new adventure. Instead, with help from comparison site Compare Hotel Prices, I am
rediscovering the beauty around me and dreaming of the beautiful hotels native to my area.
1. Virginia Cottage, Bowness-on-Windermere - This guest house looks something out of a fairytale! Inside, the rooms are stunning complete with window seats and sumptuous four poster beds, so you can experience life as a real life princess, if only for a night. You may have guessed that I'm a lil biased towards Windermere! It's great for travel connections
not gonna mention the Beatrix Potter museum.
2. and 3. Oakford House, Windermere - I can't get over how dreamy and cosy the rooms are, total bedroom inspiration! I love the Victorian style of the building and the old fashioned sloping ceilings, it has the loveliest cottage-shabby chic feel about it and would make the perfect venue for a winter break.
4. Laura Ashley hotel, The Belsfield, Bowness-on-Windermere - This is seriously the most luxurious hotel I have set eyes on. It overlooks the Bowness Pier and has the grandest exterior imaginable. The rooms are equally as opulent; I'm a huge fan of Laura Ashley decor
when it's in the sale haha, and the interior exudes shabby chic elegance. The views are absolutely incredible too and it has amazing facilities!
5. Hazel Bank Country House, Borrowdale - Another beautiful room with a stunning view! The decor is very 'Little House on the Prairie', which I love. The hotel is incredibly well located, with the gorgeous backdrop of hills behind the house. The building itself is very grand and opulent, made from local slate.
6. Glencree Guest House, Windermere - Made from local slate, this is such a beautiful building! I'm in love with the creeper climbing up the side and the little flower boxes at the windows. The rooms look so cosy, English cottage style. It's complete with lake and garden facilities and an amazing restaurant.
7. Beckmead Guest House, Windermere - This is such a cute guest house and I love the little flower garden. It's perfect for those who don't like to be too far out in the wilderness. It's situated slap bang in the adorable little town of Windermere, putting the rest of the Lake District right on your doorstep.
8. Burn How Garden House Hotel, Bowness on Windermere - This place is so darling and boasts the prettiest garden! It's very relaxing and I love the outdoor spaces, the perfect place to commune with nature. Bowness is the perfect place to stay: it's the gateway to the Lake District and a walking distance down from Windermere, greeting the foot of Lake Windermere with its beautiful pier and cafes.
Check out my lil Windermere adventure here! Thank you so much to Compare Hotel Prices, I have found some real gems and am dreaming of booking a staycation - or three - this year! It's really easy to use and navigate and so helpful when you're trying to decide on a hotel, or if you're stuck for choice.
I would also love to explore Wales and the south of England a little more, as well as meeting some new lovely bloggers. The site also caters for hotels all around the world, so is fantastic to use when planning your next trip, wherever you are off to. Are you booking a break this year? Let me know! ♡