Dear readers, I hope you will forgive me for being a little early on the festive front! I was partially inspired to write this post after recently going Christmas shopping with my big and little loves. It was
such a funny experience as Oscar kept running in to shops and making off with various products!
One of his favourites was Toys R Us*, a wonderland of shiny toys and gifts to delight any child
adult. I also have some lovely Toys R Us discount codes this winter for you and your little ones!
1. In the Night Garden Talking Tombliboo, Toys R Us - Oscar is utterly obsessed with his evening In the Night Garden on Cbeebies (apart from a terrifying episode where Makka Pakka played his horn repeatedly and loudly - Oscar just cried!) and he loves to cuddle his Upsy Daisy when watching the programme. He adored this talking Tombliboo toy and couldn't stop pointing at his/her eyes!
2. Bunny Bookend Mango Wood, Toys R Us - More of a mama want, but these bunny bookends are so cute! They would go so perfectly in Oscar's own room and suit the rustic theme down to a 't'
or an O
3. Novelty Pendant Light shade, Wayfair - My toddler has recently developed a thing for lights. He gets so excited when we turn one on and reaches up to touch them, especially the bedroom light, with its cut out design, so all kinds of pretty shapes spill on to the ceiling. Taking him to home department stores is no different and he adores gazing at all the pretty chandeliers and cut out shades!
4. The Body Shop Rosie monkey sponge (in store) - As soon as I'd managed to tear him away from The Body Shop's shiny silver makeup chairs, he was running around store clutching this little monkey sponge. So cute, he didn't want to put it down and kept pressing it against his cheek! Even when we had to leave, he ran back in to find and kiss it and covered his teary face with his hands when we had to put it back.
5. LED Santa globe lantern - This year Oscar is older and much more aware of what is going on, and it is so exciting browsing the jam packed Christmas shops and looking at the festive decorations! He is fascinated by the flashing lights (yup!), tinsel, baubles and goes crazy over little animated decorations such as this lantern globe. He will happily spend hours shaking it and gazing at the snow floating around.
6. Miss Santa costume with hood and gloves, Ann Summers - The funniest item Oscar wanted to take home with him was this Miss Santa costume! He headed straight for Ann Summers window display while Mitch was browsing GAME, completely transfixed and threw a tantrum when we had to leave.
7. Littlelife toddler daysack, Toys R Us - How sweet is this little backpack? I love the dino scales, so quirky and cute. Little boy loves to sort and organise, tidying his toys away in his playpen, Hugo's catfood box and the washing machine; I would love to buy him this so he can carry them all around with him.
8. Neon Fusion light up skateboard, Toys R Us - As soon as we entered the toy store, Oscar's attention turned to the wheels on the skateboard. He had a little go riding on it but preferred to lie it on its back and spin the wheels. I think he would have taken them home on their own if he could!
9. Wooden spinning top - Along with his love of wheels, Oscar has a collection of what are known as his 'spinneys'. These include drink coasters, a plastic wheel from his old baby gym and a roll of masking tape. It would be so nice to finally gift him his own spinning top toy this Christmas!
10. Pink glitter lamp, Toys R Us - To little boy, this was a much larger, funny shaped, glittery snowglobe. One that probably wouldn't have lasted much longer if Oscar had had his way and tugged it off its shelf to examine it further. I would love to find a blue one to match Oscar's room!
11. Costa On the Go travel cup, Argos - I included this little Costa package at the end as Oscar was delighted with the big red cups in Costa and kept running round, examining other peoples drinks!
Oscar makes me laugh, he is a little magpie for anything shiny that lights up! I'm definitely thinking of getting him some of these for Christmas (aside from Ann Summers costume!), so will be making use of the discount codes. Did you circle anything in the toy catalogues when you were small? ♡