and in a stupor, feeling like my brain isn't working properly and feeling overwhelmed and left behind with everything. It feels so horrible physically, similar to that queasy, nasty feeling you get with flu and on my bad days I can hardly move. Do bear with me - here's a look at this month through the lens!
2. Making souling cakes - as well as carving pumpkins, we've had a go at making soul cakes to try - I love learning about old traditions so this was a lovely experience, making them the same as how they were made over a hundred years ago! Hopefully our trick-and-treaters will enjoy them too!
3. Vanessa Carlton - her music speaks to me in a certain way and I love the instrumental components in her songs. They are so moving and beautiful and often haunting - especially 'Hear the Bells'.
my wishlist for a while and I finally got around to trying it after placing a FeelUnique order for my sister's birthday! I would love to do a full review on my blog quite soon, the packaging is so gorgeous and you get so much product.
5. Oscar in his lil sweaters - I'm really enjoying layering my little love in all his little sweaters, jumpers and coats. There's something really special about sharing the colder months with Oscar: making tents under the duvet, keeping snuggly and warm, dressing up, going to see the fireworks, eating gingerbread, watching the fairy lights... it's like I am experiencing each of these for the first time all over again!
6. Lush toasty bath cocktail - my favourite Lush combination of the moment is the Pumpkin bath bomb and Lush Kitchen Phoenix bubble bar together. Mitch picked up the Pumpkin for me when at his gaming convention and I decided to add a pinch of Phoenix. The result is a super bubbly, cinnamon and ginger-like scented bath with bright orange waters! The Pumpkin has quite a dark scent, the sweet, yet raw and bitter kick of candied ginger, with a citrus edge. So cosy with the toasty cinnamon bubbles!
Go here to learn a little more about the festive scented Limited Edition palette from the Grande Hotel Cafe. I may have inadvertently themed my instagram to match. Maybe I could tempt you to enter?
8. Fox socks - cute
9. Autumn reading has begun - this book is my favourite all year round; I love to read about what was going on in the Victorian farm at that particular time of year. My favourite fictional reads for autumn are the Susan Hill novels, Helen Dunmore and any gothic literature. I am also partial to a little poetry!
What are you up to this evening? I'm working on catching up with my replies and I will be sure to visit you back too! What do you like to read around Halloween? ♡