around the Maldives. I'm currently writing up my travel diaries but in the meantime here are some of my favourite in between little snaps that haven't yet had their feature.
1. Blogger mail: I'm so happy to have become penpals with two of my favourite bloggers, Sophie at Completely Rambling and Angi at Two Different Worlds this month after connecting via #thegirlgang chat on Twitter. It's very exciting to be sending and receiving blogger mail and it's always an amazing feeling to find a beautiful little letter nestled amongst my mail.
3. I rearranged my li'l shelf after coming back from holiday after unpacking everything. Weirdly I really enjoy putting everything away and back in its place again, it's really satisfying! I had a few souvenirs to decorate with, including this pretty replica frangipani flower candle.
4. A little Lush haul I brought back from London after visiting the Oxford street store. It really is as magical and sweet scented in there as they say! I ended up popping in twice and picking up my all time favourite Comforter bar, and Sakura bath bomb, which I've never tried before.
5. I really like this quote I found on Pinterest. I am always comparing myself to others with my struggles and need to stop thinking of myself as a weakling. I despair in my abilities when I find certain things so difficult, when other people can do them so easily. I feel like I should be stronger, like I'm not trying hard enough, I'm a burden, when actually I'm trying all I can. I'm finding it so difficult to go outside at the moment and often I struggle to make lunch or do the simplest of tasks. Oscar is what motivates me and the fact that I don't want to slip in to worse anxiety, but it's a double edged sword as if I fail I feel so bad in myself. I need to give myself more credit for these things if I find them difficult and congratulate myself on doing them. I manage to do a lot already as I am and I should appreciate that.
6. This beautiful pink house in Keswick is always something I look out for, it's so pretty! It's the perfect shade of pink and looks so cosy, the perfect homey cottage to spend rainy afternoons. I always think ivy or creeper draped all over the front of a house looks so romantic.
7. Visiting Ukulhas in the Maldives, I wanted to throw in a little memento of my travels! It was a tropical paradise, with the sea so warm and clear it was like swimming in a heated pool. Ukulhas is a local island and our inn was literally meters from the beach so you could almost hear the sea at night. We were only there for three days but it made a big impression on me.
8. This Cadbury's caramel ring doughnut is seriously amazing. I used it as a prop in a few of my photos and it tastes as good as it looks, with caramel curls on top and toffee filling in the middle.
9. This is such a sweet snap that never fails to make me smile! Here is little boy, getting himself covered in bubbles while helping to run my bath. He's such a monkey, loving to get his little hands on everything, toddling right around our flat on his own, there's no stopping him now he can walk! I filtered this photo due to bad lighting, but it was too cute not to share.
Have you ever had a penpal? What are your current Lush recommendations?
I'm so excited to know! ♡