Hello loves! I have been having a patch of particularly down days lately. Right now, I am experiencing huge moodswings, with the low periods feeling very oppressive and difficult to
deal with. I am waiting now to see a psychiatrist so they can hopefully recommend a different medication to try, based on my family history. Physically I am a lot better on citalopram but find my mood and anxiety impossible to deal with, so I am on half the dose as my doctor instructed, in a bid to even things out. My anxiety is a little better thanks to the CBT I've been having, which is good! How was your weekend? Here are some of my March snapshots:
1. Cherry Blossom dress - I did a little feature on this dress back here but it was definitely one of my March highlights. Let's break out the pastel outfits and let the sun know it's springtime!
2. Sunny views from the fells across the bay - I was able to get out for a few outings before the grey and drizzly weekend weather hit us! This is captured with an iphone camera, as I actually find it best for shooting landscapes. This is exactly how it looks when you walk up there - this particular place is known as Hampsfell - and is near where I live, on the outskirts of the Lakes. You can see beyond the greenery and out to the bay in the distance: in the south of Cumbria, we have lots of natural estuaries too.
3. Trying out new bangs - I was inspired by my mum, who wore a half fringe when she was younger and in her twenties too - though taller than me. She's my biggest inspiration stylewise. I didn't know whether it would suit my round face but now it is so much easier to have my hair in a half pony!
4. Ribbon socks and gardening books - I am not good for returning books on time, so hopefully adding this in will remind me! I've been reading about fruit growing and the Victorian farm, they are fascinating and the latter is written in archaic language so it's a little more challenging. I think my favourite part is the whole calving process, it's so interesting. These ribbon socks are from NewChic, in the shade ecu: a light fawn colour. Having ribbons on your socks really makes you feel like a superhero/academic girl/character from a novel in that kickass way!
5. Pandora Mother's Day charm - I was lovingly gifted this rose gold 'Mum' charm on my first Mother's Day, earlier this month, it's so pretty! I'm so grateful to my boys - Oscar produced an extra full nappy for me too - and it was such a sweet gesture.
6. Prettiest pink teapot - on sale in a shop in Windermere. It drizzled the whole day so we found ourselves in a pretty shop with bath bombs that look like cakes and Lilyflame candles. I spotted this teapot, although couldn't buy it, it was so pretty! I picked up some Wildberry incense too as it's my favourite and, later, sat burning the brownie scented variety with the window open ever so slightly and the rain thrashing outside. So cosy!
7. Bonnie Christine's amazing graphics - How beautiful is this 'Happy Easter' graphic, made by Bonnie Christine of Going Home to Roost! Her blog design is gorgeous and the swan design is my favourite, I just wanted to send it to everyone for Easter.
8. Family snuggles - I got a few sweet snaps of Oscar and his daddy while they cuddled up, all rosy cheeked in the morning. Some of Oscar's expressions are so funny so I might host a few more up on instagram if you'd like to follow me on there! My user is @icecreamwhispersclara
9. Blossoms popping up everywhere - Go here for a few blossom wallpaper freebies! It's daffodil season and the blossoms are plentiful too. I do prefer blossoms over the sunny daffodils, I think the latter look so cheerful dotted about or in their huge numbers, like splashes of sun reflected in the grass, but close up, blossoms are far more intricate and interesting to me. There is a certain vulnerability about them and they look just gorgeous in watercolour paintings. Thank you so much for your comments on my wallpaper post - I'm so glad they were useful!! ♡