This time of year is both a prelude to the blooms set to appear in just a few weeks and also an awakening: a precious time where, though landscapes have been barren for months, tiny signs
of life are beginning to break through. I really love this time of year, beginning to spot lambs in the fields, stripping your coat off in the sun when you get too warm, those delightfully crisp, sunny afternoons! I have felt very anxious lately and unable to escape my triggers but ventured out for a few long strolls in to town, though they make me so fatigued afterwards! The sun feels so good after months of winter. Here's a little look at my photo diary this month.
1 and 3. Snowdrop gardens - the garden is filled with flowers, especially down by the apple trees. There's a few early daffodils but the best of those will emerge within the next few weeks. The great symphony of snowdrops lie like little patches of melting snow, with their heads gracefully bowed. They seem ever fragile and come apart in your hand so easily but can survive through the harshest winter conditions, the snow and hail. A few pictures are included below!
2. Pre Raphaelites and Flowers - I've been pinning quite a lot this month and Pinterest is just captivating, it won't let you leave once you've started pinning! I love discovering new people to follow too, so am always open to suggestions. I get so many new ideas and inspiration from there. I've linked up my Pre Raphaelites and Flowers board but I have a few others too - it's great for pinning anything I'm passionate or fangirling about.
4. Baby moments - I have been experimenting a bit with my baby photography and Oscar's feet are having a little moment of their own here! I took these for his nine month update but ended up using his swing pictures instead as they are more natural and I loved capturing his expressions. I wanted to add these in somewhere so you might see them cropping up in places.
5. Oscar in his giraffe suit - We picked this giraffe suit up for £2 back in the sales and it has become Oscar's favourite babygrow! It's so fleecy and soft and the hood is just adorable (!!). It has little giraffe faces on his toes and he loves to point and stare at them. Definitely Sunday or cosy evening attire, it's really easy to slip him in and out of too!
6. IKEA for Valentines - Mitch and I spent our Valentines weekend a bit earlier, over the course of a trip to the West Midlands to stay with Oscar's grandparents! We had a special trip down to Birmingham for Moon Bites candy and Chinese buffet meal, also finding the time in our trip to explore the world that is IKEA
7. Novelty pouch - This is my new favourite slogan haha! It made me chuckle and is so clever - a perfect find for someone with a little one - or a lovely upcoming mother's day gift. I'd love to get it on a mug for my mum as I know she would love it.
8. Pink turtleneck for Valentines day - I adore this pale pink sweater, it was a bargain in Urban Outfitters a while back! I love the dusky pink shade and it's so practical and perfect for a chilly winters' date. No scarf even needed!
9. Hazel catkins - These looked so striking on one of our walks: I believe they are the male variety as the female tends to have red flowers. We also heard a woodpecker overhead and the forest was awakening all around, streaked with sunlight: this time of year is truly magical.
Are you looking forward to spring? How has your month been? ♡