I've been so busy over the festive period, I swear I've gone through a month's events in just a few days! Feeling wise, I haven't been having the greatest spell: some very sleepy, unwell, nasty
days but thankfully had lots of support over Christmas which was lovely.
I might have figured out some 'triggers' or things that make me feel worse, so I know I have a reason for feeling like that. My anxiety has been at a very high level recently - having the squirmiest tummy every day and can't sit still! - but I am lucky to have people putting things in perspective for me, even if I feel I have to keep asking them xD I've learnt that recovery from something isn't just A to B, it's back and forth and very gradual. That aside, I've had some lovely moments and Christmas with my family was just the best! Especially being mentioned on a few blogs this month: I am so thankful! ♡ I've put together a few favourite pictures here:
1. Dark woodland walks, the weather is still mild for this time of year. We have had so much rain recently, if it were cold enough to snow it would be a huge, white magical wonderland right now. I've even heard stories of daffodils rearing their heads already, it's so strange! I have my coat off here because I wanted to display my Snow Princess top; I love the peter pan collar! I reckon real snow princesses wear shed loads of cardies and coats to keep them warm *brrrr*.
2. A thick, velvet lilac throw for £10, teal bohemian sheets (£8), candles and extra pillowcases for only £1. I found some bedding bargains in Asda with my Christmas money to deck out our bed in pastel jewel tones for the new year! I'm really in love with anything velvet at the moment. The glass candles were only £1 each and are Oriental Lily scented, smelling partially like Lee Stafford products and another designer candle I've tried before that I remember being party scented? these are so gorgeous and calming!
3. Out in the garden: at the moment I am continuing to explore a darker realm with my photography. The garden in winter seems lonely and haunted by the ghosts of summers' past. Here is an old workshop my grandparents used to use as a laboratory back in the day; hidden behind here are some stone steps and the beck bubbles past on the other side.
4. & 6. Scents galore from Christmas day: I've had quite a number of scents on my wishlist for a while so I was ecstatic to discover them all under the tree on Christmas day! I had no idea Mitch was a regular reader of my blog - or maybe he just knows me too well - either way, I am definitely impressed and very grateful! I can go around smelling of roses and candy *sigh* I was so lucky to receive coveted Lolita Lempicka! It's such a girly, mystical scent. I don't know what others pick up but I can smell fresh fields and gingerbread...
5. Going to my grandma's for a Christmassy dinner, with all the trimmings: chicken, roast potatoes, sage and onion stuffing, veggies, and apple almond sponge for dessert. My grama makes everything from scratch just like in post war times, she is a great inspiration to me! For Christmas I got a cookery book containing many of the recipes she uses, I was very excited!
7. A perfect apple pie: homemade gifts are the best ones, especially when apples, cinnamon and brown sugar are involved. This pie came out perfectly! Hopefully the rest of the apples will last us all winter long but this pie didn't last two minutes.
8. Happy faces on Christmas day: I couldn't miss out one of Oscar's 'thank you Santa!' smiles and this one was so cute. He's still a little bit young to learn about Santa but he certainly didn't get missed out! Lots of books, musical toys and wrapping paper (his favourite).
9. Opening my very first Kawaii box: I got this as a present for Christmas from someone who knows me far too well! Everything is too cute and I've made some adorable additions to my stationary draw. My favourite picks are the 2016 desktop calendar, the Wellington boot pen, mini squishy and super cute strawberry pocky sticks
I've really enjoyed Blogmas this year as well, congratulations to everyone who took part! I was completely addicted to Bloglovin' on my iPad for the entire duration of Advent and have still got some catch up reading to do. My Japan Candy giveaway remains open for another 16 days so there is still an extra present to give to someone! What are you getting up to for the New Years celebrations?