to me, it is kind of like an over stimulation of the senses: all the lights and colours moving fast make my brain feel that it cannot cope and so it partly shuts down. This is when the sleepiness kicks in. It is better to not have the constant worry there though and I have had some better mood days since my last post. We have started to tentatively dip our feet in to winter now with the freezing temperatures and I can't believe how close we are to Christmas!
1. I have posted a few glimpses of this on my instagram but not yet on my blog! I managed to find this Liz Lisa replica second hand dress for a little over a tenner with my pocket money: it's so warm, stretchy and cosy and I adore the vintage floral pattern, the oversized collar and lace details. It's lovely to wear on wintry days.
2.. Another bath and body works hand sanitiser for £1.99 on ebay! For £2 I can never resist, especially when the postage is free and there are scents from the autumn and winter ranges!
3. Fireworks on Bonfire Night: earlier this month we headed to the castle to see the annual fireworks display and it was beautiful! We didn't get all the way up to the castle because it was very boggy and muddy taking the pushchair but found the perfect watching place in the graveyard, with the fireworks exploding right over our heads.
4. Little mushrooms growing on the garden forest floor and in our log piles. They are fascinating things and there are hundreds of little babies growing in the grass this time of year.
5. I adore this photo of the little chou taken this month, I'd love to have a little canvas of him. I'd like to give it a go painting him myself - although I haven't picked up a paintbrush in a while so I'm a bit out of practice! He was so good when posing for his 6 month pictures!
6. Just a few bits and pieces from our trip to Birmingham, making use of the 3 for 2 makeup offer at Boots! I'm in love with the Soap and Glory Supercat eyeliner and Maybelline's Color Show polish in 'Sugar Crystals' is perfect for the holidays. I'm really excited to do a little post on the beauty products I've been loving lately! Watch this space.
7. We found this gorgeous paperback journal in Selfridges while in Birmingham and I couldn't resist taking a picture to keep! The motif on the front says 'Love Birds' and the cover is beautiful with little sewn illustrations of birds, branches and flowers.
8 & 9. Scenes from the German markets in Birmingham, while we were in the West Midlands. I had a bad morning but improved throughout the day; I had a pretzel for the first time with salami, a bubble tea, cute mini boffin cakes and churros: nearly everything had cinnamon and sugar on top! It's so lovely to visit the city once in a while and the atmosphere was so joyful and festive, with people dressed up and beautiful little sugar cakes and gifts on the stalls.
Have you been/are going to the Christmas markets?
Are you excited for the coming winter time?